DVDVR Message Board

Pretty good show overall. It felt like a solid follow-up to Summerslam. Loved Bryan being set up as the new Stone Cold. HHH is going to be a huge detriment to this Bryan angle.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/08/raw-8-19-13.html

Screens -

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll bury, and you, and you too!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/nso1avzbevaoxg5c65s5e4hlkstqsguf

The entire roster just stood there and watched all that happen?

Show makes a point to mention he and Henry are going after the Shield. Henry doesn't come out to help when they're beating Show. Ziggler gets his ass kicked and no one helps either. What great heroes we have to cheer for. Henry, Show, the Usos, everyone who has ever been attacked by the Shield was just standing there at the end.

• Like 5

Came home around Truth/Bray. I'm not one to always hate on HHH but Christ he's gonna annoy the hell out me during this feud with Byran. Also, I was losing my shit at Los Matadors, expecting Tito Santana to be their mentor, then I found out who they were and got depressed.

Loved Bryan being set up as the new Stone Cold. HHH is going to be a huge detriment to this Bryan angle.

I don't know that Stone Cold was ever made to look like such a putz as to interrupt a show-ending heel gloat-fest without some kind of equalizer like a weapon or beer truck or such.

Good Show??? I guess I suffered through something different. (Granted I watch way to much of that MNF game)

And I think Triple H said something to the effect that if anyone on the roster interfered they would be fired

• Like 2

The Primetime Players match was really bizarre. Everything about them was different tonight, but the announcers wouldn't come close to mentioning why (even though we all know). Why were the PTP suddenly babyfaces? Why was the crowd so suddenly into Darren Young? Why were they suddenly getting a big win on TV? Of course we know, but they wouldn't address the elephant in the room and it was awkward.

• Like 5

Good Show??? I guess I suffered through something different. (Granted I watch way to much of that MNF game)And I think Triple H said something to the effect that if anyone on the roster interfered they would be fired

Thank you.

I thought I'd migrated into the evil mirror universe or something.

Curious as to what happened here...  Sin Cara suffers what looks to be a legit injury. Ref arms up, trainer runs over etc. etc. So Del Rio tosses him back in the ring almost recklessly and starts beating on him some more before dropping multiple F Bombs?  Just seemed a bit weird to me..

Let me get this straight. When Steph tries to kick Bryan out of the building, he leaves without incident. Then, when he sneaks back in, he gets called out by HHH and walks right into an ambush? Yeah, I'm not 100% in love with how this is playing out so far.

I wish more babyfaces were like CM Punk after a big loss: pissed off and ready to fight the world. I'm not a fan of him throwing elbows in brawls, though.

The entire roster just stood there and watched all that happen?

Show makes a point to mention he and Henry are going after the Shield. Henry doesn't come out to help when they're beating Show. Ziggler gets his ass kicked and no one helps either. What great heroes we have to cheer for. Henry, Show, the Usos, everyone who has ever been attacked by the Shield was just standing there at the end.

This was the only part I didn't like about the angle.  They had Triple H threaten them but they should have made it clearer.

Still, on the whole, they did a lot to make The Shield look like killers again.  It's also incredible that Daniel Bryan is being positioned as the top face in the company.  Even if it's not booked perfectly, I think it'll work in the long run.

• Like 1

LMAO @ "Shield guys" 

I'm in wait and see mode, really. I mean it looks like Bryan is obviously the #1 face and the new Corporation I guess needed to start out strong so we'll see. Bryan's opening segment with Steph was great. 

Poor fat guy. That wasn't a plant was it? He was killed by Punk and then run over again by Heyman :lol:

Ryback is Ogre.

I really enjoyed that final segment.  Triple H is like Tony Soprano and Vince is Tony's Dad, who is technically the head of the group but bows out to Hunter.  Triple H looked like a major dick and it was awesome.  Now, Bryan needs to extract total revenge on every one from tonight and go on a rampage over the coming months.  The WWE Mafia, I like it.

Honestly, I liked Darren Young's fire on his hot tag in that tag match.  He's really progressing and his recent PR stuff should do him some good.  Personally, I think they should have him beat ADR for the belt and parade him around as the first openly gay champ.  They've got nothing to lose. 

BTW, Jay, how the hell do you get those pictures and your write-up online so damn quick every show?  Major props man.

Best thing not on Raw

WHAT?  LOS MATADORES???  MORE ILLEGALS???

Yeah, I wasn't feeling Hunter's promo. For a guy who is one of the better money promo guys to sell his own matches, he does a really shitty impression of Vince's evil businessman's promos. Honestly, they should just let Vince do all the exposition needed.

Punk was on fire on his promo, though. As I'm sure a lot of us felt, him going off on that fan was a bit uncalled for, but the fact that Lawler and Heyman both brought the fan up made me suspect that maybe there was just a really fucking annoying guy at ringside. I also assume that Fat Guy is the illegitimate son of Fat Boy, the man that stalked Naitch for all those years.

Yeah, good show overall though. Nice little showcase night for The Shield after not having much to do the last few months. I also like Dolph and Show being set up as anti-HHH guys because them, and Henry, can logically be woven into the main storyline now.

The Usos manage to do more with less TV time than so many guys. I think them and the repackaged Colons could tear it up. You almost have to think that there rebuilding the tag division for when The Shield split off into singles. Also, with the matador gimmick I demand that JBL quote Death in the Afternoon at least twice a match.

Also, I was just shocked to shit to learn that Orton is only 33. Shit, technically he may only be entering his prime.

• Like 1