DVDVR Message Board

The UpUpDownDown thread

AxB

3 hours ago, CSC said:

Yea ... I'm already coordinating a day with my friends to go to that ax place, because that looks like such a good time.  

There's one in Baltimore that I've been trying to go to with friends for the longest time.  These videos have inspired me to have a similar competition and if my try at Renaissance Fair is any indication I'll be losing in the first round.  But I'll have fun regardless.

On 12/28/2018 at 1:25 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

There's one in Baltimore that I've been trying to go to with friends for the longest time.  These videos have inspired me to have a similar competition and if my try at Renaissance Fair is any indication I'll be losing in the first round.  But I'll have fun regardless.

Had a lot of fun at Axe Monkey in Las Vegas.  Highly recommend that one.

• Like 1

So while this is mainly for the UUDD videos I just wanted to say that Austin stopped Magfest last weekend.  I was there Saturday intending to get his autograph.  But the signup for that was sold out for a few hours so no chance on that one.  He was part of a Windjammers tournament but while he was chilling out nearby I decided to play some other games instead (I didn't take part in that)  I did check out his Q&A panel which had a ton of people there.  It was mainly him talking about how Shelton brought games back into the locker room after having a "No game" policy for a bit.  And it pretty much snowballed from there.  He did say that in the future he's going to release a Madden tournament that happened long before UUDD (one of the matchups was Mark Henry vs. Hornswoggle)  After that it was mainly talking about how much convincing it took to get New Day the way it is.  Super funny guy and it was a blast.

Later on he was part of a game called Magfest Versus.  If you're familiar with Nick Arcade it was their take on that.  He was on one of the teams and immediately was the star of the show.  It might be the wrestler in him but when things went off the rails he was super quick to improvise and make it something truly entertaining.  His team won so that was cool to see.  Afterwards people were going up for pictures but was told he had to go.  So he had us all do selfies with him posing and I was able to tell him I loved the show.  So long story short while I didn't get an autograph I was still really happy with seeing him.   If you're in the area and he comes back next year I strongly recommend going.