DVDVR Message Board

The UpUpDownDown thread

AxB

During his Rumble stream. I think Breeze was talking about some bicep issue, so I wonder if he's healing up now and just concentrating on twitch and his school for now.  The way people drop $ on his stream, he and Spears must be clearing some good scratch right now.

• 2 weeks later...

From what Breeze intimated yesterday, they are doing a livestream for charity Sunday night where Da Party will all be on line while they show this month’s Sheetz In the Bank matches, which are taped. 

breeze and creed were at NYCC today and I think Chugs is there on Saturday. Breeze is doing an appearance over the weekend at some PA Indy (he wasn’t sure where).

• 2 weeks later...

This by far has to be the longest the channel has gone with out posting a new video.

The last full video was the Tekken video two weeks ago and the only posted period was a Short that was posted like a week ago.

The Twitter account has basically been quiet too with only two tweets since Woods won KOTR over a week ago.

Woods was on Breeze’s twitch last night for part 1 of the Creed Invitational Elimination Chamber match.

‘he also said he found a way to stream on Twitter. I presume he means a loophole about not being able to twitch  stream. 

50 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It would explain why Woods was being cryptic on his stream with Breeze earlier this week

It's sad too because that channel is probably the best on camera product that WWE has right now, and it's obviously taken hits with recent departures/cuts. 

A lack of new content on WWE's UpUpDownDown gaming channel on YouTube can be explained simply, according to a report. 

Only two short videos have been posted to UpUpDownDown in the last three weeks, and none of the longer streams that the channel is known for. Fightful Select reports that content creators have stopped producing for UpUp DownDown until WWE cuts Xavier Woods a bigger financial piece of the pie. 

Woods started the channel himself in 2015, but later sold it to WWE. The report states that while Woods no longer owns the UpUpDownDown brand, those that appear on the channel believe that Woods is the key force in growing the subscriber base and getting new people involved in producing content, and should be rewarded financially for that. 

Fightful's report stresses that UpUpDownDown may not be done as a brand and that regular content could continue once the "situation was rectified."

WWE is bringing back the Superstar Gaming Series this week after a hiatus of nearly a year, a notable development given the UpUpDownDown report. 

• 2 weeks later...

This shouldn't make me laugh but the only two UUDD Facebook posts this month have been them updating their cover photo to remove all the people who don't work for the company anymore (though they can keep featuring Breeze)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ace said:

Woods just referred to UUDD as a "channel I used to own" on G4.

Yeah I assume he feels comfortable saying that now that the stories came out the last few weeks

It was notable that pretty much all the merch was heavily discounted during Black Friday

I was kinda of the same in that he kept saying "I am sure you guys want to know what has been going on" and then kept playing with the setup and getting distracted with the actual game.

And since I figured I would eventually play Infinite - I was skipping forward a bunch.

I am sure one of the sites has a recap... if he said anything of value

Alright I skimmed to the end

It basically was Woods pretending nothing has changed with UUDD. When asked what was up with the UUDD championship he just went "Oh - Mia's the champ and Ricochet is the LRLR champ" and either willfully ignoring the reason the question was asked (since Mia isn't with WWE anymore) or not wanting to say anything. He also asked folks to say who they wanted to see on the channel (universal response was Bivens).

Honestly if you counted it up - he probably spent more time promoting indirectly Breeze Twitch than UUDD (Since he kept talking about the Austin Invitational).

Besides the money hold up - it is clear that Woods basically has no time for UUDD or the New Day podcast anymore since he basically said his schedule every week is SDL, 2 house shows, G4 at least 2 days and he has at least 1 day home. And that isn't counting the projects he now has with Nickelodeon. At one point he made reference to how hard it is to "balance real life" now.

Like he is involved with Pax Unplugged this weekend in some way shape or form