DVDVR Message Board

Halloween Havoc 2015 sign up

Brian Fowler

Quick and dirty. We've been doing it for years, if you need it explained ask. Otherwise, post here saying you're in and pm me your film choice.

No real world animal cruelty. No nearly impossible to find oop DVD not in the US. Try not to be an asshole well picks the worst movie ever.

And... Go.

Within the Woods is a totally valid pick right?

Looks like it's up on Youtube so, not to speak for Fowler, but I imagine so. Still, even I don't have it on DVD (never even seen it) and my collection of horror films is ridiculous. That's probably because I never picked up one of the many many Evil Dead reissues since I always had it on VHS.

EDIT: Also, don't reveal your hand so quick, dammit! :)

Within the Woods is a totally valid pick right?

Looks like it's up on Youtube so, not to speak for Fowler, but I imagine so. Still, even I don't have it on DVD (never even seen it) and my collection of horror films is ridiculous. That's probably because I never picked up one of the many many Evil Dead reissues since I always had it on VHS.

EDIT: Also, don't reveal your hand so quick, dammit! :)

That was a joke answer. They lost the master copy back in the 80s and it was never commercially released so the only version floating around is a 1980s recording of a theatrical showing. It's not unwatchable but good luck with immersion.

My pick is totally different.

No problem.

You pick a horror movie and pm your choice and a short explanation of why you picked it. You keep it a secret otherwise. Then when I have all the picks in, I'll run a number randomizer and use that to sign movies. So everyone that picked a movie gets a different movie. You watch said movie, write a review, send me that review. I then unveil the reviews, who choose the film, and who reviewed it on a semi structured manner while pretending I'm hosting an old cheesy horror movie TV series like Elvira or what have you. It's all good fun.

You hated "Frankenstein vs. The Wolf Man." You're dead to me.

Also, more generally, I'm down for anything that's affordable on DVD/ Blu. I use things like this to build my personal movie collection.