DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 75: Barnett vs. Nelson (9/26/2015) - Saitama, Japan (Saitama Super Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Michael Carroll@MJCflipdascript

Barnett's 95 significant clinch strikes tonight are a new single-fight UFC record.

And yet the judges still scored two rounds for Nelson.

Also, is there any reason why Hirota/Ishihara didn't get their fourth round?

The officials forgot just like the last time they should have done a fourth round (DJ vs. McCall I). The UFC had their third string crew in Japan so there wasn't anyone there to remind them.

Michael Carroll@MJCflipdascript

Barnett's 95 significant clinch strikes tonight are a new single-fight UFC record.

And yet the judges still scored two rounds for Nelson.

Also, is there any reason why Hirota/Ishihara didn't get their fourth round?

The officials forgot just like the last time they should have done a fourth round (DJ vs. McCall I). The UFC had their third string crew in Japan so there wasn't anyone there to remind them.

Wasn't the problem with Mighty Mouse vs. McCall that they someone screwed up calculating the scores and they announced DJ as the winner even though it was a draw and when they found out about the error backstage when it was too late for them to get back for a fourth round?

• Like 1

And Dana White sits in his million dollar vegas home to complain about it on Twitter. That's how you run a company.

Yeah, I would complain too since I don't think it's his job to remind people of actual rules and guidelines 24/7. Someone who was actually in Japan fucked up, and it was their fault.

• Like 1

But why does he need to vent about this on twitter? 

Short answer: Because he can and people tend to tweet on Twitter accounts

Long answer:

He had two tweets with a total of like 3 or 4 words. That's not even venting by regular person standards let alone Dana White standards.

It was a random regional tournament a few notches above a Shooto rookie tournament and both guys got UFC deals anyway. No harm, no foul.