DVDVR Message Board

Night of Champions IX

Dolfan in NYC

Best things on the show:

1. Kevin Owens, Intercontinental Champion. Best match of the night, too.

2. New Day huddling up and calling upon Computer Blue. If that didn't work, they were gonna run Darling Nikki next. 

3. Xavier Woods on trombone.

4. The Divas Revolution FINALLY having a very good big-time match. 

5. That dude dressed up as a Shield member running in and everyone ignoring him as he was tackled and led away except for Bray Wyatt: "Is THAT your partner? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

I would have added the crowd in Houston being hot for everything, but they were also hot for Kane's return, which might lead to more Kane in and around main events beyond the inevitable cell match with Rollins in a couple weeks. 

• Like 2

Merry Christmas on a candy cane, will WWE's security do better with these loons jumping over barricades and throwing briefcases?  Someone is going to get shanked sooner or later.  Though if they try it on Ambrose, he may be the shanker.

Oh, and Kane prevented a successful Sheamus cash-in.  Yay!  Nothing against Sheamus, but there's no excitement around him to where his becoming WHC would be a good idea.

• Like 1

I told everyone Sting/Rollins would be better than it had any right to be but I'm blown away by how hard Sting worked tonight. He took bumps he had no business taking. The show was overall good with a great last hour. I hated Jericho showing up but at least he ate the fall so even that worked out in the end.

I forget my wrestling history but did Rick Rude wear the Cheryl Roberts tights with her face on his ass or dick. Nothing says romantic by Dolph wearing by putting Lana face there. He can caress her face and jerk off at the same time

That was probably Sting best match since maybe his Samoa Joe match. Funny how HHH jr can have a good match and Hunter couldn't

Just catching up on NOC now. That woman's match was awesome. I thought this was the first time Nikki was ever in anything that told a story. The match actually reminded me a bit of a Brock match -- a one-sided maiming with Nikki using the suplex into the ropes repeatedly as her version of Suplex City and just straight-up punching knees. But Nikki's not Brock -- She can be taken down (particularly when she doesn't have help) and Charlotte dug down to survive and wreck Nikki with a pretty wicked spear and the Figure 8. Great stuff.

Woods played the Final Fantasy victory theme. That is all I cared about. Also they need better security for these shows. That one fan with Ambrose a few weeks back, Reigns getting clocked with a briefcase, that other dude walking next Rollins on raw, and tonight Joey Mercury-lite jumps into ring. Somebody's slipping.

At this point, Reigns and Ambrose just need to stomp the shit out of the next asshole who tries to run in on them. Send a message to all the other assholes. It probably won't stop anyone else from doing it, and it may lead to a lawsuit, but just think about how great it will look on Botchamania.

I'm going to run with the fact that they were doing the frigging wave in the Cena/Rollins match and into the Sting/Rollins one. It's all because Rollins had to work vulnerable instead of like a guy three times his bulk.

Nah, Houston just loves doing the wave. I think there's a city ordinance requiring us to do it at least once during all major sporting events.

• Like 2

Not sure if Sting was really hurt or not, but Bret Hart did a periscope where he kinda ripped Seth for injuring wrestlers (Cena).

Bret also speculated in the same interview that he suspects Hogan was glad Piper died because it took the attention off him that week. Which is a really shitty thing to say, particularly if you don't know that for a fact.

I'm going to run with the fact that they were doing the frigging wave in the Cena/Rollins match and into the Sting/Rollins one. It's all because Rollins had to work vulnerable instead of like a guy three times his bulk.

Nah, Houston just loves doing the wave. I think there's a city ordinance requiring us to do it at least once during all major sporting events.

I can confirm this. Also kudos to JBL for the Love Ya Blue reference.

• Like 1

At this point, Reigns and Ambrose just need to stomp the shit out of the next asshole who tries to run in on them. Send a message to all the other assholes. It probably won't stop anyone else from doing it, and it may lead to a lawsuit, but just think about how great it will look on Botchamania.

You cross the baracade, you're fair game.

• Like 1