DVDVR Message Board

2015 Rugby Union World Cup

The Natural

Recently, I've started to really love Rugby League [there's a third tier team on my doorstep, and following them has been hella fun.] but I'm Welsh, so yeah I'm all over this.

As of the start of today, there are 4 top ten teams in that group. If Fiji went through, I wouldn't be at all surprised. I remember 8 years ago.

It wasn't an awful idea to go for the win, but the English pack looked flat after the now near obligatory 60 Minutes: All Change, which had previously been crushing the Welsh scrum.

Dan Biggar is pretty good. He scuffed that drop goal, but other than that was fantastic.

EDIT: fed up of all the England fans I talk to acting like it was a shock, or it was because England were bad. No, you Red Rose chumps, Wales are a good side, and they beat you.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn. The 'Boks beat Wales 23-19. :(

And boy howdy did New Zealand take France to the woodshed 62-13. Of course, it didn't help that France basically had no coach, as the team had rebelled against their existing one, describing him as "a nice enough guy but not a leader" and deciding to take over team selection and tactics themselves.

What else can they do in that situation? The call was wrong, and everyone can see it was wrong; but the correct call was still going to give an Australia scrum. The more worrying one to miss was the late hit on Hogg a few seconds earlier that was under the purview of the TMO. That way, if Scotland were going to botch a line-out, it wouldn't have been in their half. Anyhow, Joubert's got the call wrong and with the way he's handled everything else, he's probably not going to get the final. Hopefully it's Nigel Owens, but Wayne Barnes wouldn't be an awful decision.

Don't get me wrong, Scotland were gypped, but they were gypped less than, for example, Detroit were against Seattle.