DVDVR Message Board

Boardwalk Empire

ultimoDANK

Good to great finale, although I did see that ending coming. Nucky ultimately paying for his sins was fitting. Al Capone's scene with his son was really touching and quite emotional. Narcisse getting offed in some 2 minute throwaway scene was pretty funny though, I felt like they didn't really know what to do with the character after the Chalky storyline ended.

I like the fact that they threw off Narcisse like that. He was a poison and with the rate they've burned through characters, the least they could give us was him getting whacked. I also liked him standing up and trying to walk after getting shot -- an attempt at false nobility even in death. 

If you've seen the wrap-up piece about the series you know they tend to fly by the seat of their pants writing the show, so what we got was more than rewarding, really. And Buscemi deserves an award for putting so much into how he went out. I haven't seen a living man look so dead ever.

I loved Gillian's final scene. It looks like she's totally lost it, and she is too far gone to be helped, but then you go back and watch the scene and I think it's fairly obvious she knew Nucky would be killed and she'd get her revenge. Who else would have put Tommy up to it? She was still acting and manipulating, even when she was broken and crazy.

So who were the guys hovering over Nucky at the end, cops? The shooters Luciano hired?

I believe Nucky thought they were shooters, but they turned out to just be cops. They sent guys directly to kill Narcisse. Hired assassins wouldn't be on the boardwalk waiting for Nucky to magically show up in a sea of people.

Bow it was a nice fake out as in the office you thought they were talking about Nucky and not till the end You realize they sent them for Narcisse but it wouldve been nice if one of Chalkys people were still around and got Narcisse but I have no qualms with the ending.

Bow it was a nice fake out as in the office you thought they were talking about Nucky and not till the end You realize they sent them for Narcisse but it wouldve been nice if one of Chalkys people were still around and got Narcisse but I have no qualms with the ending.

I thought it was clearly Narcisse. They really would gain nothing from killing Nucky. It's not like he had the leverage to do the same thing he did to the Jimmy, Commodore/Gillian, and Eli triumvirate. Nucky was going to get smashed no matter what he did. Torrio was a harmless, old man as Lucky pointed out pretty much. Capone put the fear of God in him already. Narcisse was the last piece left and still was sitting on Harlem. It was his turn to catch some lead poisoning.

Funny that they went through the whole rigamarole with Hoover flipping Narcisse and nothing came of it this season. They didn't have time I guess.

As per Winter, it was one of the stories which got lost in the time jump. By the time 1931 rolled around, the FBI had become less interested in black nationalists.