DVDVR Message Board

Boardwalk Empire

ultimoDANK

Has there ever been a better case for adding a dislike button?  Cue someone saying "that's what the ignore feature is for," but I don't want to ignore anyone!  I just want another way to tell you that your opinions are bad and you should feel bad.  

TEAM BILLIE!

• Like 3

You know what, fuck Margaret. This show is so much more active without her and her subplots. I didn't watch it (and I don't think anyone else) last Sunday due to Breaking Bad but this was another solid episode with a Dawn of the Dead kill at the end as the cherry on top. Plus, Patricia Arquette... UNGH

Just watched it today, I kind of thought it was a bit of a placeholder episode. I'm just not feeling Jeffrey Wright's character yet. He is absolutely knocking it out of the park, but the story just hasn't grabbed me yet. Maybe once he and Chalky become a little more at odds...

So did that episode last night actually happen if everyone on the planet but me was watching Breaking Bad and/or Homeland?

Laughed way too hard at Guzik getting gassed climbing a flight of stairs and then falling all the way back down. Also, Eddie sang which always makes me happy.

The Feds will not crack him half as easily as they think.

Series has been renewed for a 5th season. Yay!

I don't think Van Alden is that scared, he just has to consider his options in the face of two sides of lunatics. Ralph is a total pimp and is currently my favorite character on the show. I loved Rothstein losing to his own fallacy (degenerate gambling) and Lucky stepping up. There is no way Eddie cracks. Him and Herc singing is one of the greatest bits in a really great show. Even though a lot of this is exposition it's great and I could watch it all day long.

Just caught up with season 3. Holy fuck did they up the violence. Felt like I was watching a more highbrow, non-CGI version of Sin City at points. Not complaining (when is Richard Harrow murdering goons not cool?), just very interesting now much the tone has seemingly shifted. Even Nucky was coming off like a gun-toting badass at points.

Not saying anything new, but Bobby Canavale was tremendous. Came off like a '20s version Tommy DeVito from Goodfellas, which I guess was the idea. Guy just completely took over the show.

And yay for Margaret apparently being in the 4th season less.

Eddie might just be one of the best characters in a TV show ever based on this episode. His sense of honor, betrayal, loss, regret... man. 

I also 

mourn the passing of Frank Capone, who was one of the series' best characters ever up until now. Funny thing is he was more violent than Al in real life but was the smirking peacemaker here.

Cosign on the Fed meeting a grisly end.

Gotta love that Eddie thought to put Nucky's socks together before he jumped. Also, since we never heard him hit the ground I can only assume the Albatross is roughly 90 stories tall.

You knew that Gillian would eventually get hers, but damn... harsh. Drug related downward spirals always get to me.

Nucky's speech to his nephew. So evil, gloriously evil. Use your rage, yes, come join me in the dark sideeeeeeeeeeee Willie.

I know it worked on the context of the show to have Frank be the good cop to Al's bad cop, but by all accounts, Franks was actually the BADDER cop to Al's bad cop.

Eddie's scenes were fantastic.

Favorite episode of this season so far. Van Patten's ones are always amazing, his does such great nifty camera work without becoming too much. Uhhhh so good.

I know it worked on the context of the show to have Frank be the good cop to Al's bad cop, but by all accounts, Franks was actually the BADDER cop to Al's bad cop.

Even better,

Dean O'Banion provided $20,000 of flowers for Frank's funeral.

did anybody else crack up when Eddie was asked what he needed the gun for protection from he said  "Apaches"?

I love shows like this because {hopefully} they lead you to actually learn something, 

Not sure why it isn't allowing me to link wiki articles about Karl May or Winnetou, but google them and Eddies comment makes perfect sense. Also, lol to anyone who thought Eddie was going to be a rock with the feds. If any character was designed to crack under pressure, it was Eddie. 

Edited by Execproducer