DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 9/17/15

victor

Only saw up to the Divas tag match, but I loved it every time Becky and Sasha face each other.  Still hoping for a main show epic singles match, but the times there were together were fucking great.  And Paige is definitely going to turn, she was pacing afterwards pissed off and she was doing some subtle things to hint at that.  Great job.

Oh, and how can I forget Tamina shaking her head with the camera zoomed in on her.  In a non-wrestling way she's definitely bringing the awesomeness in her role.

So Cesaro is now the strongest man in WWE?

But Mark Henry is still the strongest man in the WORLD but somehow not the strongest in WWE?

So logic doesn't exist in WWE?

They've been calling Cesaro that for years with the qualifier that he's the strongest man "pound for pound." Implying he has the strength of a much larger man, not that he's straight up stronger than Henry and his ilk. 

So Cesaro is now the strongest man in WWE?

But Mark Henry is still the strongest man in the WORLD but somehow not the strongest in WWE?

So logic doesn't exist in WWE?

They've been calling Cesaro that for years with the qualifier that he's the strongest man "pound for pound." Implying he has the strength of a much larger man, not that he's straight up stronger than Henry and his ilk. 

I know that. But not on the most recent SmackDown they weren't.

Didn't Owens say Ryback was the strongest guy in the locker room Monday?

Owens knew Mark Henry was in catering at the time. And Cesaro went to the bathroom. KO knows exactly where everyone is backstage at all times. 

Although technically Ryback wasn't in the locker room either, so that point makes no sense.

AJ was the right woman at the right time.  She didn't look like the other women, she didn't present herself like them. 

AJ was never an average woman, though. She was very attractive and weight trained with Kaitlyn. People tried to make it out that she was the cashier at Cumberland Farms. I can kind of understand the presentation part of her character and why that got her over but more than anything it's because they pushed her hard for months. They didn't do that with any of the other divas.

I see WWE is doing the 'champion runs down with the title' stuff again. Does WWE really believe its fan base is that dense that people will NOT remember the champions unless those champions carried his/her title around during un-natural situations.

It is a heavy gold belt, very effective weapon if need be.

I don't care about Nikki having the record for AJ's sake because Nikki will NEVER have the legacy that AJ made. I care about it for Charlotte's. Because even if she wins on Sunday now, it's gonna mean a hell of a lot less.

What legacy AJ made? Kayfabe wise, she was a God amonst Insects that made it clear she had no competition, The new girl from Developmental was her equal off the bat, then quit soon as the division started catching up to her.

Shoot wise, she was a geek girl that had skill beyond the supermodel mold that WWE had as little as 3 years ago, her skill above the rest of the division created an illusion that she was better than she was, which became clear with Paige came up, and the NXT Girls were smoking her work wise. Then she married the wrong full of himself asshole and torpedoed her WWE career.

I liked AJ, but her "legacy" is overrated. Hell, I think she gets too much credit for the groundwork for the current Diva's state, since without the NXT Girls cranking out high quality shit in Florida that created the buzz, AJ is still gone once her hubby went scorched earth and we're back to 5 years ago.

So AJ doesn't have a legacy because you are holding a bizarre grudge against CM Punk. Got it.

Also, voluntarily leaving is not "torpedoing" anything.

I think "World's Strongest Man" is a title you get to keep if you win the titular competition, like "'Olympic Gold Medalist' Kurt Angle". Sure, other people have won the gold medal in the same event since then, but he still gets to put it on the resume.

Although a Dino Bravo/Ultimate Warrior-style strength-off could be a fun way to kill some TV time.