DVDVR Message Board

People Making Mistakes On Live TV

Death From Above

I remember when blooper reels were a ratings bonanza on television.

This commercial actually happened.  It was on live television.

The guy used obscene language, thought the camera was off, and kept on going with a gag version of the advertisement even though the footage was still rolling.

And then he did it again because they asked him to:

The AJ Clemente one gets me because you can tell that underneath his suit jacket is heavy duty Albert Brooks in "Broadcast News" flop sweat.

Honorable mentions go to the Asian chick being super rattled and the deer in headlights look.

Here's a classic from my home country, where some guy decided a live broadcast would be the perfect time to mop the floors in the studio:

Here's another classic from the BBC, which probably everyone has seen already. Some guy who only came in for a job interview got confused with an expert, who was supposed to be interviewed on television and hilarity ensues:

• Like 1

A classic:

The only thing funnier than her moans of despair, was the fake concern from the two live back at the studio.

I saw this topic while I was at work, and this is the first thing I thought of.  The noise she makes when she hits the ground will never stop being funny to me.

• Like 5

I am 40 years old and I still laugh like an idiot when a news person accidentally draws a cock and balls on the screen.

It's funny you mention that, because I have this second job teaching psychology in a tech college, and every semester, like clockwork, even if it's the most innocuous example that I'm drawing, and I'm intensely thinking, "don't draw dicks, don't draw dicks," I'm invariably going to draw a damn dick. Thank god it's not just me.

• Like 1