DVDVR Message Board

Raw 9-14-15

MGFanJay

HHH and Steph's dancing was the most White People thing I've seen in a good month or so.

Xavier's trombone is probably going to get 3Ded through a table come Sunday.

Owens ragging on Ryback about being into some new age self help trend was funny.  Ryback really needs to come back with a scientologist gimmick, though something tells me that would get him sued.  Speaking of which, are there any known scientologists in wrestling?  You'd think there would be given how pervasive it is in other areas of the entertainment industry.

I loved that Ryback's baby face sympathy is based on him fighting for books.

It's kind of more of a pamphlet, isn't it?  Now, if he asked all of the WWE universe to read Beloved and then challenged Owens to discuss author intention vs. cultural revision, I would mark the fuck out.

I loved the shit out of the book segment with Owens and Ryback.  Besides the premise of it, Ryback sounds fucking like he is reading from a script right in front of him.  Owens, the big badass, is cutting down Ryback for being an intellectual.  No one even got hit with the book though.  Owens should have clocked him with the book and revealed he had some tiny steel plate inside the pages.  Ryback really seems like the type of guy who would have done much better if they had just given him bullet points and he just came out and cut a promo.

Also, I now want either/or Owens/Ryback to come and read books and poetry every week.  The Poetry Corner with the Big Guy!

btw are Owens and Ryback feuding over some Dianetics shit or something?

Dude, Dianetics has ghosts and stuff.  Ryback's thing is more like you buy some real estate in Arizona and then sell parts of it to your friends to sell to their friends, but like instead of real-estate it's good humours or something

Wrestling has been long overdue for character that runs a pyramid or Ponzi type scheme. I guess Jeff Jarrett would be pretty close to that with TNA and GFW. 

Real Estate Steve is right there.  I might actually give a fuck about Sting if he abandoned the face paint and just went around in a suit trying to convince guys to buy properties that they "could totally flip for a profit, especially if you get a couple other friends to invest with you!"  His feud with the Authority could lead to a "Glengarry Leads on a pole" match.

• Like 6

I loved the shit out of the book segment with Owens and Ryback.  Besides the premise of it, Ryback sounds fucking like he is reading from a script right in front of him.  Owens, the big badass, is cutting down Ryback for being an intellectual.  No one even got hit with the book though.  Owens should have clocked him with the book and revealed he had some tiny steel plate inside the pages.  Ryback really seems like the type of guy who would have done much better if they had just given him bullet points and he just came out and cut a promo.

Also, I now want either/or Owens/Ryback to come and read books and poetry every week.  The Poetry Corner with the Big Guy!

I once got hit in the head during a match with a hardback copy of Communion by Whitley Strieber. 

That's all I've got.  Other than agreeing with the previously expressed sentiment about seeing Sting in the main event of Monday Night Raw.  I windered if the novelty of him being in WWE would wear off for me but so far it hasn't.  I just loved seeing him wrestle on Raw. 

• Like 1

I once got hit in the head during a match with a hardback copy of Communion by Whitley Strieber. 

That's all I've got.  Other than agreeing with the previously expressed sentiment about seeing Sting in the main event of Monday Night Raw.  I windered if the novelty of him being in WWE would wear off for me but so far it hasn't.  I just loved seeing him wrestle on Raw. 

I almost blanked on Truth Martini using the Book of Truth as a weapon. 

Carny recognizes carny.  And wrestling has got a leg up on Scientology, son.

Also, wrestlers don't make nearly enough money for Scientology to bother wasting time to recruit them. Also also, Scientologists prefer you to spend as much time inside their own bubble, surrounded by like-minded individuals; that's pretty impossible with the WWE's touring schedule. Triple also, few wrestlers live in California, where the carny cult religion is headquartered.

Nikki,a heel,used heel tactics to retain her title. This is a good thing.

Which would be fine if said heel tactic didn't require total suspension of disbelief

Suspension of disbelief? In wrestling? You mean Abdullah really wasn't a butcher, and Undertaker really isn't immortal?

Michael Cole and Vince feeding him lines lack self-awareness.

"It shows you how far we've come in sports entertainment as the two men battling it out in the main event were two cornerstones of WCW during the Attitude Era...."

"It shows how far we've come that guys who main evented during the MNW are main eventing 20 years latter."

• Like 1

Nikki,a heel,used heel tactics to retain her title. This is a good thing.

Which would be fine if said heel tactic didn't require total suspension of disbelief

Suspension of disbelief? In wrestling? You mean Abdullah really wasn't a butcher, and Undertaker really isn't immortal?

Do you see how these scenarios are different? Nikki and Brie doing "twin magic" now, borders on SD Jones and jim Brunzell doing "Mask Confusion".

It was a ballless finish and a rerun of a bad finish from a few months ago. WWE fluked their way into a divas match people cared about and botched it.