DVDVR Message Board

Bellator MMA & Glory Presents: Dynamite 1 (9/19/2015) - San Jose, CA (SAP Center)

Elsalvajeloco

Personally, I think trying to imitate and mimic the Pride FC era is a mistake.  The era is over and it's long gone.  Was it magical for its time?  Yes it was, but I think trying to essentially mimic it for the modern day audience is a mistake.  

I think Meltzer said the show only had an attendance about 11,000.  That number I guess isn't bad for Bellator, but it's also below the number that Coker was boasting about to the press and what the MMA media was touting as what the show would pull in terms of attendance.  

Being on Saturday probably didn't help. My brother actually watches Bellator and he didn't know it was on Saturday instead of Friday until Friday when he looked at the channel guide. He had no plans Saturday and still watched it, but anytime you change days it doesn't usually do the ratings any favors. Not the biggest issue, but still a potential one.

He also hated the Glory matches, hopefully that idea can go away.

Being on Saturday probably didn't help. My brother actually watches Bellator and he didn't know it was on Saturday instead of Friday until Friday when he looked at the channel guide. He had no plans Saturday and still watched it, but anytime you change days it doesn't usually do the ratings any favors. Not the biggest issue, but still a potential one.

He also hated the Glory matches, hopefully that idea can go away.

But most major MMA events usually fall on Saturday.