DVDVR Message Board

Bellator MMA & Glory Presents: Dynamite 1 (9/19/2015) - San Jose, CA (SAP Center)

Elsalvajeloco

800px-Bellator_MMA_%26_Glory_Dynamite_po

Bellator MMA & Glory Presents: Dynamite 1

September 19, 2015

San Jose, CA (SAP Center)

Bellator Light Heavyweight Championship: Liam McGeary © (204.8) vs. Tito Ortiz (204.6) (first defense) - McGeary, SUB (inverted triangle choke), R1 (4:41)

Bellator Light Heavyweight #1 Contender Tournament Finals: Phil Davis (205.8) vs. Francis Carmont (205) -  Davis, KO (punch), R1 (2:15)

Glory Light Heavyweight Championship: Saulo Cavalari (207.2) vs. Zack Mwekassa (208.8) (vacant) - Cavalari, DEC (majority)

Josh Thomson (155.4) vs. Mike Bronzoulis (155.4) - Thomson, SUB (arm triangle choke), R3 (0:39)

Glory Kickboxing rules: Paul Daley (170.4) vs. Fernando Gonzalez (175.6) - Daley, DEC (unanimous)

Glory Kickboxing rules: Keri Anne Taylor-Melendez (120.8) vs. Hadley Griffith (121) - Taylor-Melendez, DEC (unanimous)

Bellator Light Heavyweight #1 Contender Tournament Semi-Finals: Emanuel Newton (204) vs. Phil Davis (205.8) - Davis, SUB (kimura), R1 (4:39)

Bellator Light Heavyweight #1 Contender Tournament Semi-Finals: Muhammad Lawal (204.4) vs. Linton Vassell (205) - Lawal, DEC (unanimous)

Spike.com/Unaired Preliminary Card:

JJ Okanovich (156) vs. Israel Delgado (155.6) - Okanovich, DEC (unanimous)

Brandon Hester (185.2) vs. DeMarco Villalona (186) - Hester, SUB (triangle choke), R1 (3:06)

Victor Jones (145.5) vs. David Blanco (146) - Blanco, DEC (unanimous)

Nick Pica (186) vs. Mauricio Alonso (185) - Pica, DEC (unanimous)

James Terry (171) vs. Carlos Eduardo Rocha (170) - Terry, KO (punch), R1 (4:00)

Matt Ramirez (126) vs. Josh Paiva (126) - Paiva, SUB (armbar), R1 (2:56)

Gabe Carrasco (135.4) vs. Joe Neal (135.6) - Carrasco, DEC (unanimous)

Adam Piccolotti (155.8) vs. Salvador Becerra (156) - Piccolotti, SUB (neck crank), R2 (1:47)

Glory Kickboxing rules: Serhiy Adamchuck (143.8) vs. Anvar Boynazarov (141.4) - Adamchuck, DEC (unanimous)

Glory Kickboxing rules: Jose Palacios (145.6) vs. TJ Arcangel (145.2) - Palacios, DEC (split)

Ousmane Thomas Diagne (145.6) vs. Mike Malott (145.2) - DRAW (majority)

Bellator Light Heavyweight #1 Contender Tournament Alternate Bout: Francis Carmont (205) vs. Anthony Ruiz (205.4) - Carmont, DEC (unanimous)

Attendance: 11,000

Rating: 867,000 viewers

Cancelled Bouts:

Francis Carmont vs. Philipe Lins - Lins Contracted Dengue Fever

Francis Carmont vs. Roy Boughton - Injury to Boughton

Adam Piccolotti vs. Marlen Magee - Bout Nixed

Phil Davis vs. Muhammad Lawal - Injury to Lawal (Ribs)

That's a lot of fucking prelims.

Looking forward to this event it will be interesting.

Some of the prelims/postlims from each sport will be running concurrently. I believe one non-main card kickboxing fight (Palacios vs. Arcangel) along with the one female MMA bout and two throwaway regional bouts are running together. The kickboxing fight will happen with one of the regional bouts. Then, the female MMA bout will be in the ring while the other regional fight is in the cage.

Anyway, the last time a show named Dynamite happened in the USA, we got a bunch of drug test failures and funny stuff happening all over the show. We can only hope for the same at least.

Lenne Hardt (aka PRIDE dragon lady) is working the card.

According to Meltzer, Coker wants this to be the WrestleMania out of their big four annual events.

Considering the tepid response here, I'm not seeing that. Maybe it's probably because Nick Diaz has carried the news cycle along some minor Ronda related stuff. Are people not satisfied with the card or were people expecting something a little different?

• Like 1

Fair enough. I mean I know LHW has a decent roster of "names", but Mo, Phil Davis, and Newton aren't exactly the most entertaining guys style wise. I think a four man lightweight or FW tournament would have been more exciting because you don't have to worry about slow, methodical fights. Plus, in the case, you would get the bonus of having that exposure for guys people normally don't tune in to see.

Given the style of those dudes in the LHW tournament, it could be a disaster considering you have several fights on the main card. That could drag badly.

Thomson vs. Bronzoulis is kinda mediocre. The fight with Gil's wife is what it is. Daley vs. Gonzalez could be decent but they could've used that spot with actual Glory guys. I love watching Zack Mwekassa fight because he hits extremely hard. The main event is...yeah.

• Like 1

Seems like they took part of the ice rink put a promo mat over it for the cage cause people are sliding like crazy

So if I understand this Survivor thing, if King Mo beats the crap out of his opponent but gets hurt then the loser advances?

Applies to both bouts, but yeah, that's correct. The alternate bout (won by Carmont) is a last resort if no one from a specific semi can make it. Looks like that won't be happening anyway.

Seems like they took part of the ice rink put a promo mat over it for the cage cause people are sliding like crazy

So if I understand this Survivor thing, if King Mo beats the crap out of his opponent but gets hurt then the loser advances?

Applies to both bouts, but yeah, that's correct. The alternate bout (won by Carmont) is a last resort if no one from a specific semi can make it. Looks like that won't be happening anyway.

Hey...looks like they will.

Mo is injured and Vassell isn't able to go. So Carmont is in.

Really want some stock taken on all the  BS Fedor signing in the UFC rumors.

Alternate Francis Carmont will replace King Mo (injury) in the finals. Heard one physician cleared Vassell, but a second overruled it.

The pitfalls of doing a one night tournament in the US.

Either I don't understand kickboxing one bit or Glory is a complete mess because everytime someone got taken off feet it was a slip. Some hard slips

Both the cage and ring mats are slippery as hell. It may be the logos, but the surface must feel like a goddamn Slip-n-Slide.

So apparently, this card only averaged 800,000 viewers and peaked at 930k. That 800k average is only 4k above the average of Holloway/Do Bronx and about the basement for non early afternoon FS1.

Who gets the blame for this bomb? Or do we act like there is a massive crossover between SEC football fans and people who watch Bellator.

• Like 1

I hope this means an end to Coker trying to pass off stars from the early 2000s as viable competition in 2015. Bellator needs to take a short term hit in order to build up its own talent and potentially survive in the long term. Was there a reason Michael Page wasn't on the show? His fight lasted 1 minute and was months ago. Get that guy on every damn card you can!

• Like 1

I hope this means an end to Coker trying to pass off stars from the early 2000s as viable competition in 2015. Bellator needs to take a short term hit in order to build up its own talent and potentially survive in the long term. Was there a reason Michael Page wasn't on the show? His fight lasted 1 minute and was months ago. Get that guy on every damn card you can!

I feel that it is officially Coker and Spike trying to do way too much. I am not even going rationalize this talk of having boxing and possibly pro wrestling. That will die on its own.

They gave people a concept without making or giving a reason to care about the concept. There is a reason why Japanese MMA (especially on NYE) ceased to look like it did from `01-`06. Once it got down to Kid Yamamoto, Sakuraba, and some random dudes, that's when it was on borrowed time. While a lot of people like Meltzer probably love these ideas and presentation of the ideas, they don't have the elements to bring it all together. Between the lack of interest leading into it and the Fedor announcement, it's evident that people within the Bellator/Spike braintrust don't understand how much the landscape of MMA has changed. They're to create and make something new that will never exist beyond stuff you can see already on Youtube and Fight Pass. Glory itself is not an entity people really care about, which is probably why its time on Spike is coming to end in favor of a Viacom owned KB org. However, that doesn't mean that it can't be. The thing is... Dynamite or w/e bullshit copied from the kakutogi boom and Strikeforce can be revisited once they make people interested in the stars they've created and fights (not a few every other month) they've made. We're in an era where production values can't be passed off as legitimacy no matter how much conviction you have behind it.