DVDVR Message Board

Comic book projects that don't warrant a thread yet

Cliff Hanger

On 5/8/2017 at 9:18 PM, The Unholy Dragon said:

New Hellboy announced by Mike Mignola. R Rated reboot directed by Neil Marshall and starring David Harbour as Hellboy.

I'm in.

I still can't believe he was told that he was too fat to play The Blob in X-Men Origins:  Wolverine. 

Not getting that role was obviously a blessing in disguise.  Only Hugh Jackman and Ryan Reynolds recovered well from that deal.

13 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

You can be too fat to play the Blob?

I'm guessing it had something to do with the nature of the prosthetics but yeah, I didn't think there was such a thing as being too fat to fit into a fat suit.

• 1 month later...

VALERIAN was so good that my *wife* whose only reviews of movies are "It was OK" or "that was bad" said, before I could even ask her what she thought "That movie was pretty cool"

It made my birthday.

• Like 3

My opinion of Valerian was interesting failure.  It looked great, and there was almost always some interesting visual or set piece on the screen.  Story interested me so much i spent a lot of time pondering how Cara Delevingne is maybe the oddest looking stunningly beautiful person I've ever seen.  And my time in a half-marathon I ran that morning.

When asked what she thought of the movie, my wife replied "I'm hungry.  Let's eat."

Did everything ever come of Paramount licensing Peter Tomasi's "The Mighty"?  I assume not.  The mini-series was licensed about 6 years ago and the movie was supposed to be released in (by?) 2015.  Can't find any evidence the movie was released - or even mentioned again once it was licensed.

• 2 weeks later...

Millarworld is now owned by Netflix. Not sure how this affects Marvel's Netflix deal. Hopefully, not at all.

As usual, anything Valiant-related is to be taken with a mine of salt until something actually starts principal photography, but apparently the Quantum and Woody group, which includes the Russo Brothers as EP, want Joel McHale (who is "in talks" with them) to play Woody.

Yeah, Big Dave has said he's interested in playing Gilad/Eternal Warrior.  Once again, I'll believe it when I see it; since the 2013 relaunch, Valiant 3.0 have proven REALLY good at getting development deals, and exactly zero of those have actually started shooting.  I really want all of these projects to come to fruition because I legit love both classic and modern Valiant, but so far the Super Power Beat Down-produced web series is the only thing that's shot a frame in 3 years of press releases and it still hasn't dropped an ep.

• 2 weeks later...