DVDVR Message Board

Comic book projects that don't warrant a thread yet

Cliff Hanger

• 4 weeks later...

Holy shit, I didn't realize that Bloodshot was finally getting made after 5 years of false starts, or that Vin Diesel was playing Ray. It's hard to be super optimistic after this long, but the Swierczynski/Gage/Lemire stuff is all really excellent and I want badly for it to be good

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This news will require a thread in the future but I'm going to wait until more details are out...but FINALLY:

More than three years after New Line's failed attempt to turn the graphic novel into a feature film, Netflix has signed what sources describe as a massive financial deal with Warner Bros. Television to adapt the best-seller into a live-action TV series. Sources familiar with the pact note it is the most expensive TV series that DC Entertainment has ever done. The drama has officially been picked up with an 11-episode order.

Allan Heinberg (Wonder Woman, ABC's The Catch, Grey's Anatomy) is set to write and serve as showrunner on the straight-to-series drama. Gaiman, who created the ongoing monthly comic, will executive produce alongside David Goyer. Gaiman and Goyer were both attached to New Line's most recent attempts to adapt Sandman for the big screen. Gaiman, Goyer and Heinberg will co-write the premiere.

Source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sandman-tv-series-neil-gaiman-david-goyer-a-go-at-netflix-1220761 

TV Series on Netflix.  Heinberg showrunner.  Expensive production.

Edited by _MJ_

The way I saw it reported somewhere confused the hell out of me. Said Netflix had ordered ten episodes plus one additional episode. Unless it's like the Sabrina holiday episode?

That one just says 11 though so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Margot Robbie is trying to leverage the IP for Tank Girl possibly for use in a feature length film.

I remember the original joint and my crush on Naomi Watts as Jet Girl not withstanding, it was a pretty awful movie.

Even so, Margot Robbie as Tank Girl is pretty much an excuse to put her in as many pairs of tiny pants as possible and that is not such a bad thing.  I think I will have to wait and see who they get to play Jet Girl and Sub Girl before I pass final judgment.

Yes.  All three ladies must be in this joint just like on the cover of the Dirty Old' Tank Girl Super Special which is one of the crown jewels of my elderly dude graphic novel collection.

Do Not Google That At Work.

I can at least give Margot some love for choosing materiel set in her native Australia (albeit a post-nuclear Australia like Mad Max) and extra cool points if they can get Soundgarden's cover of Devo's Girl U Want on the soundtrack.

Edited by J.T.

I saw Tank Girl once or twice years ago and had no idea what its about (still don't know). I just know I used to have a small crush on Lori Petty likely due to it. I mean I'm pretty sure I dug her in Point Break, A League of Their Own, and various other things, but Tank Girl was what started the crush. Her voice is also one of the reasons I love Livewire from S:TAS.

I didn't even remember him (or Ice-T) being in it. I had to Wiki everything to remember them, the kangaroo people -- rewatching is really going to be almost a blank-slate kinda view.

But I do remember my dad definitely grumbling on our way out. We were out of town and I think my mom wanted to get out and shop for awhile so that was my chance. He wasn't amused.

3 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I didn't even remember him (or Ice-T) being in it. I had to Wiki everything to remember them, the kangaroo people -- rewatching is really going to be almost a blank-slate kinda view.

Its actually the first thing I remember him in. Like I've always known he was a rapper, but don't recall listening to any of his music. When I think of him its either from Law and Order or Tank Girl.