DVDVR Message Board

Comic book projects that don't warrant a thread yet

Cliff Hanger

Alex Garland and Karl Urban have said that both Amazon Prime and Netflix have shown interest in a Dredd:  Mega City One streaming series that will serve as the spiritual sequel to the movie, Dredd, if it ever sees the light of day..

Strong DVD sales and a rabid cult following have spurred Lionsgate to take licensing and production talks seriously.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

This is your annual-ish reminder of how much it sucks that Valiant sold their rights off piecemeal to a half dozen companies that will never ever actually release a show or movie.

Reminds me of the time back in the 90's we would get a lot of these announcements about Rob Liefeld selling the rights to many of his properties and none of them ever got made, even that Youngblood cartoon

12 minutes ago, Betsy Zeidler said:

The youngblood cartoon got made?

No.

There was one clip made in prep for a pilot, but the pilot was never made.

The clip later appeared in commercials for Youngblood action figures.

On 10/15/2018 at 1:26 PM, J.T. said:

Alex Garland and Karl Urban have said that both Amazon Prime and Netflix have shown interest in a Dredd:  Mega City One streaming series that will serve as the spiritual sequel to the movie, Dredd, if it ever sees the light of day..

Strong DVD sales and a rabid cult following have spurred Lionsgate to take licensing and production talks seriously.

Yes, but what Indonesian flick will another Dredd take the plot from?

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just rewatched the 04 Hellboy, and wow, that is the tropiest trope to ever trope. It's a good thing the visuals are what they are, because they are effective at distracting from what is otherwise a totally milquetoast story. And seeing as the character is all wrong compared to the books, we're better off without a third del Toro movie (let's face it, he's just better with his own material).

Then again, this new one looks just as jokey, so I don't have high hopes. 

• 3 months later...

I am dumb.  I totally did not see this thread on the front page at first and then I mistakenly thought it was locked.

I blame cold meds.

Anyway, the new trailer for Hellboy is fucking sweet!  I'm all in!

Edited by J.T.

I'm really glad the new Hellboy looks like it's using the R rating to be bloody as hell.

I can't imagine it'll be nearly as visually awesome as the first and especially second Del Toro films, but it looks fun enough in a month that's absurdly packed with comic book movies.

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Eivion said:

That is a shame. I like a decent amount of the cast.

Yeah. Cast is good, the director made The Descent so I keep hoping he has another good movie in him, I love Hellboy, both the comics and the older two movies... If this was trending just mildly rotten, like 47% or whatever, I'd be like "eh, I'll probably still like it" but it's down to 10 now and that's just ugly.

Edit: and it's just 35 on Metacritic, so it's not getting just mildly negative reviews, it's getting pretty much savaged.

Edited by Brian Fowler