DVDVR Message Board

Comic book projects that don't warrant a thread yet

Cliff Hanger

So I felt weird talking about VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS on the "Upcoming Movies" thread, but you can count the number of DVDVR posters who care about that movie on one finger and there are other things coming that don't exactly fit into any of the major threads already extant but don't warrant a new thread, so....

Clive Owen has signed on for Valerian. I don't recognize his character name (Cmdr Arun Filitt) but I've only read the first 4 albums and seen the anime.

Pretty much the only non-guaranteed things I want from AMC's Preacher (which will likely warrant a thread when it airs) are Jody beating a bear to death and an appearance by the Sex Detectives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

The Boys is coming to Cinemax from Seth Rogen's production company.

I keep meaning to post the Valerian stills here; they look really slick, but don't feel like something Mezieres would draw.  Considering the huge effect he had on the aesthetic of Star Wars and Fifth Element, it feels weird to adapt his work and drain it of his look.  I want so fucking badly for this movie to be good, but Besson is hit-or-miss at the best of times.

• 3 months later...

I don't have any attachment to Mandrake, and I generally enjoy SBC films, but, yeah, that sounds like a horrible combination.  My first thought after reading Dragon's post was "Burn it with fire.

Someone else will have to do the deed, though.  As a Green Hornet fan, I'm still tied up plotting unfortunate Seth Rogen's demise.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

So where are we talking about Guardians?  It's not a comic book movie, per se, but it does appear to be a Russian rip off of Marvel's Soviet Super Soldiers / People's Protectorate / Winter Guard.

http://screenrant.com/guardians-movie-2017-trailer-avengers/

One dude is Ursa Major with a mini-gun, that other guy is some sort of Winter Soldier / Vanguard hybrid, the blonde is a Black Widow / Invisible Girl / Darkstar pastiche, and then there is generic earth-bender telekinesis dude to throw you off of the plagiarism trail.

Probably doesn't warrant a thread but the new Tick TV pilot is on Amazon.  It was alright, but I wasn't crazy about how they made it so dark and serious.  Preferred the previous live-action show, but it still doesn't hold a handle to the animated series, which is still brilliant.  Like I could not picture Sarcastro showing up in this series.

On 8/24/2016 at 10:59 PM, J.T. said:

So where are we talking about Guardians?  It's not a comic book movie, per se, but it does appear to be a Russian rip off of Marvel's Soviet Super Soldiers / People's Protectorate / Winter Guard.

http://screenrant.com/guardians-movie-2017-trailer-avengers/

One dude is Ursa Major with a mini-gun, that other guy is some sort of Winter Soldier / Vanguard hybrid, the blonde is a Black Widow / Invisible Girl / Darkstar pastiche, and then there is generic earth-bender telekinesis dude to throw you off of the plagiarism trail.

i just saw a trailer for this and came to post the same thing. looks WAY better than i would have expected, and it looks like it's releasing worldwide in February. i REALLY hope we get a blu-ray release around this time as i'm pretty damn sure that my town won't bring it to theaters.

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Guardians was in the upcoming movie thread.

JT was just too lazy to go back more than 3 posts

I'm afraid you are in error, old man.

My first post in this thread about Guardians is time stamped a day before Chester's in the Upcoming Movie thread. 

I just posted a link to a Screen Rant article rather than a YouTube vid because the trailer embedded in that article does not allow free linkage.  At the time of the article, I did not see any YouTube trailers online.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 11:59 PM, J.T. said:

3 minutes ago, Mike Zeidler said:

It's not even a comic book movie!

150626_2877388_Captain_Obvious__Sharknad

• 4 weeks later...