DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: MIKE SHAW

RIPPA

Mike Shaw ran a wrestling school up here in Michigan's beautiful upper peninsula, for a few years during the Attitude era, also around the time I was finishing high school, only really knowing him as Bastion Booger was pretty much the reason I decided against going to his school and trying to get into the business, if I had known more about his past back then I probably would have given it a shot. Speaking of which does anyone know of any wrestlers who actually trained with him, did his school actually turn out anyone with any shred of notoriety?

The Mike Shaw story where he got fired was really sad. I forget who told it. Ross maybe? The idea is that he hadn't been booked for a while, so he asked someone in the office to go ask Vince about it and what they were going to do with him. And Vince, upon remembering he was still there, just fired him.

I feel like we're going to have the weirdest bunch of opponents in here:

Mike Davis got the moon push.

Norman could've been a great babyface for WCW but they made him too much of a simpleton and then a trucker.

One of my favorite Norman moments was Santa Norman giving Dr. Death a teddy bear and Doc coming off as way more of a lunatic and simpleton.

http://youtu.be/2r_5uTVQgu4

What was that Doc match even doing on this stacked card?  What a show though.  Not even that soundtrack or missed Spivey dropkick could ruin it.

• 3 weeks later...

I was on a series of cards thrown by this coked-up money mark in WI. Mike Shaw was there, nice enough chap, but he certainly loved to talk. He was rambling on, to any and all, about his forthcoming training academy. As he left to go to his match, there was a sudden shock of silence, broken by thee Fabulous Moolah (in her bestest genteel Southern lilt): "Well, who the hell is going to teach Mike how to work?". Even Greg Valentine cracked up.

good old times,

RAF

• Like 2