DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: BOYCE LEGRANDE

RIPPA

Talk about a name I haven't thought about in a month of Sunday's. Don't even ask me how I thought of him for today.

If you had told me Mustafa would be working in 2013 I would have called you a dirty fucking liar

Anyway - there are a bunch of Gym Wars online that Boyce worked - I am just too lazy to figure out against whom and when in the video

• Like 1

I thought he had retired.

Edit: He may as well have.

2003: as Boyce LeGrande @ APW
2004: as Boyce LeGrande @ APW
2005: as Boyce LeGrande @ APW
2011: as Boyce LeGrande @ APW
2012: as Boyce LeGrande @ APW
2013: as Boyce LeGrande @ APW
2014: as Boyce LeGrande @ APW

2015: as Boyce LeGrande on this years King of the Indies Roland Alexander Memorial Battle Royale.

This had to be some kind of rib or it's his real name.

1 APW Wrestling Inc.
1998/03/06 @ APW Garage in Hayward, California (United States of America)
Frank Murdoch defeated Bob Barnett (6 minutes)
2 APW March Madness
1998/03/14 @ APW Garage in Hayward, California (United States of America)
Michael Modest defeated Bob Barnett (9:49 minutes)

These guys were the future, man!
APW Turn Back The Clock
1998/04/03 @ APW Garage in Hayward, California (United States of America)
Vic Grimes and Boyce LeGrande vs. Michael Modest and Tony Jones

Retired(?), the above, does random Las Vegas stuff it seems, retired long ago.

Is APW even a thing anymore?

Well they still run shows but I don't know if that is considered "being a thing" anymore

Funnily enough - Boyce is the current APW Worldwide Internet Champion

Wow, really random name brought up here.  I remember back in the day when there was this guy who would post here and really help promote APW and talk about how a lot of their guys were up there with the best of the independents at the time.  Like how Vinny Massaro was just as great of a worker as Low Ki and how Boyce was as good if not better than the American Dragon. 

Wow, really random name brought up here.  I remember back in the day when there was this guy who would post here and really help promote APW and talk about how a lot of their guys were up there with the best of the independents at the time.  Like how Vinny Massaro was just as great of a worker as Low Ki and how Boyce was as good if not better than the American Dragon. 

And then the Great Khali lawsuit hit and Roland stopped posting here.

------------------------

Also, please tell me I'm not the only one who saw the header and thought Rippa was talking about Guillotine LeGrande, that guy who hangs around Steve Corino and only seems to be booked on indys that Corino is running.

If you had told me Mustafa would be working in 2013 I would have called you a dirty fucking liar

If you told me Boyce LeGrande was still working in 2015 I would have called you a dirty fucking liar.

APW was a fun watch back in 2000/2001. Roland's hype aside, guys like Vinny Massaro and Boyce LeGrande were perfectly good indy midcarders, and some legitimately good wrestlers like Mike Modest and Donovan Morgan anchored things. I saw a lot of guys (and a couple girls) live for the first time in APW: Cena, Samoa Joe, Bryan, Kendrick, Low Ki, Daniels, Kazarian, Cheerleader Melissa, Sara Del Ray, Super Dragon...and yes, The Great Khali.

I loved APW. I haven't been to one of their shows in forever, but I used to go see them almost every time they ran. Gym Wars shows were tons of fun, and a lot of their paid shows at high schools and stuff were pretty good for advancing storylines. 

If I still lived in the Bay, I would probably still go to their shows, but driving to Daly CIty and back to see a lot of guys I could see here in town at SPW seems like a waste of time.