DVDVR Message Board

Which NFL Team(s) are you a fan of on any level and for any reason good or evil? You can vote more for more than one.

Ryan

Which NFL Team(s) are you a fan of on any level and for any reason good or evil?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which NFL Team(s) are you a fan of on any level and for any reason good or evil?

• Arizona Cardinals
    • Atlanta Falcons
    • Baltimore Ravens
    • Buffalo Bills
    • Carolina Panthers
    • Chicago Bears
    • Cincinatti Bengals
    • Cleveland Browns
    • Dallas Cowboys
    • Denver Broncos
    • Detroit Lions
    • Green Bay Packers
    • Houston Texans
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • Miami Dolphins
    • Minnesota Vikings
    • New England Patriots
    • New Orleans Saints
    • New York Giants
    • New York Jets
    • Oakland Raiders
    • Philadelphia Eagles
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Saint Louis Rams
    • San Diego Chargers
    • San Francisco 49ers
    • Seattle Seahawks
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • Tennessee Titans
    • Washington [Redacted]

I'm a Giants guy. I grew up in North Jersey, about 20 minutes away, so there's that. My stepdad and I actually had Jets season tickets during the Joe Walton season, and while it was cool to go to the games, the Jets did not inspire me to root for them further. I don't have a big family history of Giants fandom, as my stepdad is mostly ambivalent, and both my mom and sister are Steelers fans, likely due to my grandfather being from that area. As for me, I was mostly ambivalent for awhile too, liked the early 90s Niners teams, and rooted for them for a few years. Since my buddies were Giants fans, and I caught a lot of their games, I wound up digging them, and I've been a fan for awhile now. Their ending the Patriots undefeated season in the SB is definitely a Top 3 best sports personal moment ever. (The other 2 off the top of my head would be Larry Johnson's 4-point shot, and the Aaron Boone homer to beat the Red Sox.)

Look at Gonzo reacting to a post I outright labelled THIS IS NOT A SERIOUS POST with his "facts" and "information" never change buddy.

I like the Vikings, but outside of Wrestlemania and a Final Four, they probably aren't hosting the rest of those events. They got one Super Bowl in the MetroDome, and the sponsors/reporters/league? all HATED being there in the middle of the winter. There's a low percentage of the game going there ever again.

NCAA football playoff games won't be going there for the same reason. California, Florida, Arizona, New Orleans, Dallas, Atlanta, Minneapolis. One of these things is not like the other...

They might get a Big 10 title game, but with Indy and Detroit having domes in Big 10 country already, playing the game in Minnesota probably isn't a top priority.

Unabashed fan of the Patriots. It was thanks to my Uncle's tape of the 85 Super Bowl that I became a fan. Any team getting trounced that badly was a team that needed some fans is what my juvenile mind thought. Suffered through lots of years of awfulness and mediocrity. But, it's led to the last 15 years or so, and a team that gives zero fucks what anyone else thinks of them and flaunts that attitude. I love all of it.

• Like 1

I wasn't a sports fan until I got to college and that was in Tampa so I'm a Bucs fan.  Plus it helped that they practiced on our fields in the summertime, so I got to meet a lot of the Dungy-era Bucs players; which made it super cool.

Though honestly with Jameis Winston's civil suit looming my fandom is in flux.  Like any sane person I despise sexual assault so I'm hoping that we'll get a definitive verdict, because settling out of court is not the same thing as being innocent to me.

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Baltimore Ravens here. I started watching just as the Ravens moved into the area so they became my team. I also used to watch Washington out of sheer habit until 2012 or so (never bought merch or anything, just watched because they were on TV), but got sick of watching bad football.

Went the first 13 years of my life without giving much of a damn about the NFL. When the two expansion teams were announced, I decided to go ahead and get serious about watching it. Didn't want to root for either of my parents' teams because Dallas (Mom) had that shitbag Michael Irvin and I'd rather be part of a human centipede than root for the Steelers. Long story short, decided to root for the team who had the better colors. Carolina's were so basic and boring while Jacksonville's teal popped to me, so I chose the Jags.

I'm a fiercely loyal fan, so there's just no way I'd ever root for another team outside of my own.

I like the Vikings, but outside of Wrestlemania and a Final Four, they probably aren't hosting the rest of those events. They got one Super Bowl in the MetroDome, and the sponsors/reporters/league? all HATED being there in the middle of the winter. There's a low percentage of the game going there ever again.

NCAA football playoff games won't be going there for the same reason. California, Florida, Arizona, New Orleans, Dallas, Atlanta, Minneapolis. One of these things is not like the other...

They might get a Big 10 title game, but with Indy and Detroit having domes in Big 10 country already, playing the game in Minnesota probably isn't a top priority.

You never know. . .it might!

Super Bowl LII, the 52nd Super Bowl and the 48th modern-era National Football League (NFL) championship game, will decide the league champion for the 2017 season. It will be held on February 4, 2018 at U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the second Super Bowl in Minneapolis, which previously hosted Super Bowl XXVI in 1992.

It wouldn't surprise me if the venue ended up with a bowl game at some point, too, because if there's one thing we know about the NCAA, there will never be enough bowl games.

I had to discover football on my own in the 70s. My great-grandfather got me in to baseball by watching the game of the week with me, but he hated all other sports, except wrestling!

My fandom came down to the Oakland Raiders and Pittsburgh Steelers, I chose the Raiders because they were the Rebel Alliance to the Steelers' Empire.

When the Tennesse Oilers/Titans came to town in the late 90s, I followed the McNair era, but who can actually pull for the style of football the Titans put on the field?

I'll bleed Black and Silver 'til I die! (And maybe one day when they win again, I'll see if I can fit into my Raiders puffy vest from 1980 for nostalgia purposes only.) [i can't and won't fit into it, but I have the damn thing, dammit!] 

I grew up liking the Falcons in the early 90's because our TV came from Augusta, GA and they would be on every weekend. Once the Panthers became a thing I traded loyalties and never looked back.

The Chiefs love came about during the Montana years. I enjoyed some of those game so much as a youngster that they became my AFC team.

The Cowboys are my most hated team which is ironic because I actually did like them during the Johnson dynasty years. Jerry Jones has turned me against Dallas and has run off no less that three legendary coaches. The Cowboys should really be the John Cena of the NFL but will have to settle for Dolph Ziggler.

Been a Packers fan since I was 5, so basically as long as I can remember.  Growing up in Green Bay obviously has a lot to do with that.  I refuse to wear any other teams colors.  Just can't do it.  My boss gave me a company shirt that looks like Bronco orange and it is still hanging in my closet with the tags on it.

Most hated, other than the obvious in division Vikings and Bears, is probably Dallas. It is partly their history with the Packers, but I always hated their "America's team" crap.  The Packers are the real America's team with the Steelers a close second.

The Raiders. When I was a kid, they had come to LA, and had Bo Jackson, and he was just the coolest dude in the world. Uniforms are cool as shit, and the history is awesome. I mean, if you can't like Kenny Stabler or the Soul Patrol, you are either a sad, sad person...or a Broncos fan.

I've been ride or die ever since. The SB loss to the Bucs made me physically ill. I've tilted towards being more of a college fan, although UCLA hasn't been much less disappointing than Oakland. I just prefer the tradition and 'feel' of the college game more. About the only way I'd leave Raider Nation is if they moved somewhere outside of California. If they ever became the San Antonio Raiders, I'd probably just give up on the NFL completely.

Redskins fan as I grew up in Virginia. I kinda like the Patriots just because they remind me of an 80's movie frat boy bully but one who actually did get the nerds kicked off of campus, won the karate tournament or beat the scrappy underdog team in the big game at the end.