DVDVR Message Board

Which NFL Team(s) are you a fan of on any level and for any reason good or evil? You can vote more for more than one.

Ryan

Which NFL Team(s) are you a fan of on any level and for any reason good or evil?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which NFL Team(s) are you a fan of on any level and for any reason good or evil?

• Arizona Cardinals
    • Atlanta Falcons
    • Baltimore Ravens
    • Buffalo Bills
    • Carolina Panthers
    • Chicago Bears
    • Cincinatti Bengals
    • Cleveland Browns
    • Dallas Cowboys
    • Denver Broncos
    • Detroit Lions
    • Green Bay Packers
    • Houston Texans
    • Indianapolis Colts
    • Jacksonville Jaguars
    • Kansas City Chiefs
    • Miami Dolphins
    • Minnesota Vikings
    • New England Patriots
    • New Orleans Saints
    • New York Giants
    • New York Jets
    • Oakland Raiders
    • Philadelphia Eagles
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
    • Saint Louis Rams
    • San Diego Chargers
    • San Francisco 49ers
    • Seattle Seahawks
    • Tampa Bay Buccaneers
    • Tennessee Titans
    • Washington [Redacted]

I grew up a Washington fan, to the point where my kindergarten in 1980 taught us the fight song. Even when we spent a year in Dallas, I wore my jacket with pride. ;-)  After Doug Williams had one good year and then got hurt/sick/whatever in the early 1990's, it started to fade.

That's when the Panthers stepped in. Been a fan since season 1, thick and thin.

I swear we've done this before. Anyway, it's Colts and Bears for me.

Colts because as a kid growing up, the Colts were my brother's favorite team and they quickly became my favorite team.

The Bears because I also grew up around a lot of Bears fans, whether if they were my cousins, uncles, friends, etc. Lately though, it's getting harder to give a shit about the Bears because their levels of ineptitude in the NFL are totally underrated.

Actually, the Colts don't make it easy to be fans of them also, mainly because the owner is an asshole and the GM looks like he's totally in over his head. 

<-------------

I was really starting to understand football when the two new expansion teams were announced (I was 9) and I wanted to follow a team just starting so I didn't have to remember all their history. So I liked the Jaguars logo more than the Panthers.

Still no Falcons or Titans votes. Poor lil' guys. *pipes in crowd noise and has Kenny Britt hit you with a pipe*

No less than the Titans deserve for betraying their Houston Oilers heritage

• Like 1

Bengals fan as a kid, as mom's side is from Ohio and lived there from 77-82. Don't really care so much anymore.

Moved to NYC in '82, became a big Giants fan, got to go to a ticker tape parade after their first SB victory. I still semi-keep up with them and root for them, partly cos I hate the Eagles and the Cowboys.

Got into the Packers in the early 90s with the rise of Favre and the Lambeau Leap, learned more about the organization itself and became a big fan. That's who I keep up with.

Beyond that, it's pretty much about my fantasy teams and following the careers of Longhorns in the NFL. I tried with the Texans, but just can't get into them.

I didn't really get into the NFL until my mid-teens, then got out of it a few years, before getting back into it.

MY FAVES

-Buffalo: I've always sorta admired the Bills in a lovable loser kind of way.  Somebody on Twitter asked if anybody hate-watched the Bills and I said that I sympathy-watched them: that I kinda watch them and go "That was close, you almost did it" like you do with a kid.  As a teen I played on a lot of shitty soccer teams, one year we didn't even tie a game, much less win one, so I've always been partial to teams that have some really mediocre runs.  Hence, the Bills.

-Cincinnati: Did you know that all my life I've been spelling 'Cincinnati' wrong?  Up until about a year ago, I had always spelled it 'Cincinatti' which, to me, makes a whole lot more sense.  Trying to explain my fandom for the Bengals, and some of it plays into the mediocre team thing, as mentioned above, but also, right now, I just think they're a fun team to watch.

-Seattle: Not gonna lie, I got swept up into being a fan in that Super Bowl run which is bandwagoning, I guess, but it was more that it was a collection of fun and entertaining characters: Beast Mode and Sherman and Pete Carroll, who might be an obnoxious truther, but he's also a super-excitable coach who is fun to watch along the sidelines.

I didn't vote for them, but I also kinda like the Cowboys.  And I was a big Barry Sanders fan, so I'm still soft on the Lions.

MY LEAST FAVES

-Philadelphia: As a sissy animal loving vegetarian, when I got more into the NFL was about when the Eagles signed Michael Vick, so I rooted against the Eagles every single week.  Then they turfed Michael Vick, but, something, I'm not sure what, makes me really want to continue to root against the Eagles.  So I still do.

-New England: I went from some for of admiration of them to just kind of disliking them.  The cheating thing wasn't the impetus, but it doesn't help.  There's something so natural about rooting against this team, though.

-Denver: Not really sure why.  It was around the time they got Peyton Manning that I just thought "Fuck this team" and find myself cheering against them.

I'd probably root against Washington, too, based mainly on Snyder and the name, but they do it to themselves enough that it seems unfair to actively want them to fail

-Cincinnati: Did you know that all my life I've been spelling 'Cincinnati' wrong?  Up until about a year ago, I had always spelled it 'Cincinatti' which, to me, makes a whole lot more sense.  Trying to explain my fandom for the Bengals, and some of it plays into the mediocre team thing, as mentioned above, but also, right now, I just think they're a fun team to watch.

-Philadelphia: As a sissy animal loving vegetarian, when I got more into the NFL was about when the Eagles signed Michael Vick, so I rooted against the Eagles every single week.  Then they turfed Michael Vick, but, something, I'm not sure what, makes me really want to continue to root against the Eagles.  So I still do.

I spell it SinSinAddy for the hell of it. Also, have you ever met people from certain areas of Philly? It's not difficult to hate their teams or fans I'm told.

Beyond that, it's pretty much about my fantasy teams and following the careers of Longhorns in the NFL. I tried with the Texans, but just can't get into them.

They define most mediocre franchise in the NFL since their inception if you take their overall output.

• Like 1

They define most mediocre franchise in the NFL since their inception if you take their overall output.

Yeah, I was willing to jump a bandwagon but not hitch my cart to a nag.

Ravens fan because I was born and raised in Baltimore.  I now live and work in the DC suburbs but, despite the fact that my team is best known for one alleged murderer and one proven fiancee puncher, it's still better than cheering for the Washington Racial Slurs.

TALES OF OTHER CITIES' HORRIBLE FANS:

I apparently work with a shit ton of Redskins fans and didn't even know it until they had their one good season with RG3.  Haven't heard a peep since then.

I went to a (wife's side of the) family gathering in Columbus a while back.  I said to a guy, "hey, you;re midway between Cincinnati and Cleveland.  Who do you root for in the NFL?"  His response?  "Whoever's winning."

The London Monarchs of the WLAF/NFL Europe were my first love, I had the jacket and everything.

My first Super Bowl memory was of Packers vs Patriots in SB31.  The pregame stuff over here focussed on the whole cheesehead thing and I simply couldn't get behind the foam wedge hat, plus the Patriots had "England" in their name.

Despite me filling the house with Patriots merch, shirts, etc, my son follows the Cowboys.  I feel like I've failed.

I have a soft spot for the Titans as I love country music and I had man crushes on both Steve McNair and Vince Young.  I'm also partial to those who played in NFL Europe/Europa, especially those who played for the Monarchs or Admirals such as Kurt Warner, Adam Vinatieri, Jake Delhomme etc.

• Like 2

Minnesota are the tough northerners ("We're as far north as HAMILTON, holy shit you guys it's almost arctic") that build a dome so they can sit indoors 8 days a year while we watch football outside in Canada in the northern, walker-filled wastes above the Wall. This is not because we're dumb it's because we have HEART and COMMITMENT, really, we swear.

And host Wrestlemanias. And Super Bowls and Final Fours and (hopefully) Big Ten Championship and NCAA National Championship Games. Also Wrestlemania.

The London Monarchs of the WLAF/NFL Europe were my first love, I had the jacket and everything.

My first Super Bowl memory was of Packers vs Patriots in SB31.  The pregame stuff over here focussed on the whole cheesehead thing and I simply couldn't get behind the foam wedge hat, plus the Patriots had "England" in their name.

Despite me filling the house with Patriots merch, shirts, etc, my son follows the Cowboys.  I feel like I've failed.

I have a soft spot for the Titans as I love country music and I had man crushes on both Steve McNair and Vince Young.  I'm also partial to those who played in NFL Europe/Europa, especially those who played for the Monarchs or Admirals such as Kurt Warner, Adam Vinatieri, Jake Delhomme etc.

Liked just for the Laf league shoutout. Bring back the Montreal Machine, dammit!

• Like 1

I only listened the Dolphins because I am a lifelong fan, but I also follow/root for the Packers and Panthers. Packers because Rodgers is currently my favorite player in the league. Panthers because of Cam Newton (Auburn Homer factor).

Minnesota are the tough northerners ("We're as far north as HAMILTON, holy shit you guys it's almost arctic") that build a dome so they can sit indoors 8 days a year while we watch football outside in Canada in the northern, walker-filled wastes above the Wall. This is not because we're dumb it's because we have HEART and COMMITMENT, really, we swear.

And host Wrestlemanias. And Super Bowls and Final Fours and (hopefully) Big Ten Championship and NCAA National Championship Games. Also Wrestlemania.

I actually can't fault the Vikings for this, since their season starts later than the CFL's. You couldn't pay me to sit outside in December and watch the Bombers. Plus, I'm going to miss the weird vacuum suck effect that happens whenever you leave the Metrodome.

Did I just say something relatively nice about the Vikings? Fuck.....um, Gary Anderson, Gary Anderson, Gary Anderson.

Can't believe I forgot to check Steelers. For some reason I was thinking "What teams am I fan of other than my own?"

Anyway, Steelers are my team because born and raised in Pittsburgh.

I also like the Giants because to me they're the NFC version of the Steelers: Original franchise, known for playing hard-nosed football with hellacious defense, classy old school owners (whose families combined to produce the greatest dividend of all: Kate Mara). If that wasn't enough, I absolutely totally hate and despise the Patriots with the fiery passion of a thousand suns so the fact they beat them twice in the Super Bowl - including ruining their undefeated season which we would've NEVER heard the end of - makes me a fan for life.

Bills because they were in their "lose every Super Bowl" phase when I first started watching football and I feel sorry for them. Also, Doug Flutie is my all-time #1 favorite player (even including ex-Steelers) so them giving him a shot endeared them to me forever. Although on the flip side I'll forever say "Fuck you, Wade Phillips" for being the shortsighted shithead who decided Rob F'n Johnson deserved a playoff start over Flutie.

Bucs because my folks retired down to Tampa. My dad remains loyal to the 'Burgh teams but he's too cheap for DirectTv and too lazy to go to bars so while he still sees a lot of games he's mostly stuck watching Tampa Bay. I'd like to see him watch good football.

• Like 1