DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 - Q4

RIPPA

I much prefer him to Bálor, but yeah, he's probably losing, sadly. Not a fan of Bálor or this title reign at all. 

I hate to harp on Eva Marie not being very talented, but she cut that promo like she downed a bottle of Somas before she did it. Good gravy. 

Oh man I really liked the Crews video package. These are so well done and I wish they'd do this kind of character development on RAW. 

Once again I enjoyed the Eva Marie vignette. If anyone has watched Total Divas, that's just exactly how she speaks in all walks of life and it's awesome for the role she's playing. She's doing the whole silver spoon Easy Street gimmick.  She's STILL on vaca. She won a couple matches (through nefarious means) and now she's COMPLETELY exhausted and just had to lay up in Paris to recharge. This shit is awesome. I wish they would do more vignettes also.

Then there's Alexa Bliss and Asuka.  I thought their respective matches were fine.  I agree I'd like to see Billy Kay and Asuka again.  Alexa is a great character. She's going to be money on the main roster. I'm not sure she is there yet in-ring wise but she's decent and Bayley will have a good match with her. I don't see this being the PPV program.

Bliss has definitely improved, my issue with her is that everything she does is TOO much and not in a natural way. She hasn't mastered looking evil and commanding without the cliche constant fussing with her hair. Seeing a runway model do that in the early 90's was fierce. Seeing Alexa do it every week is just lame. The over-reaching and over use of mannerisms eventually don't end with her entrance but then are brought into the ring during the match and just makes other aspects seem overly contrived as it just doesn't come off as a heel being a heel, but rather someone thinking of how a heel is supposed to act and then executing the motions without any real reason.

Eva Marie doesn't know how to be a heel, but she is slowly breaking out heel shit (even though a lot of her heat is fucking meta as hell) in her matches that come off a bit (though not a lot) natural and is related to the match. Bliss has a long way to go in learning that less in more and that the eyes and posture mean more than cosplaying the lead of a 1993 VS commercial.

I'd like to see more of the ANZAC women in competitive matches.

If Joe can drop pounds at Full Sail, Storm can.

My favorite part about the Eva promo was that they asked a model-turned-reality-TV-star with neon red hair and implants to sound fake for thirty seconds and she couldn't manage it.

Corbin is either going to be Balor's opponent at the London Takeover or he's going to be Tyler's heater on the main roster. I'd guess the former.

Good episode. Usually stick to just the Takeovers but wanted to catch Asuka/Kay and Storm. Asuka makes things must see, captivating star. Always enjoy Kay as well. Fun squash from Storm, dug going oldschool with the 8 Second Ride and keeping that name along with acknowledging him as someone who started "way back in WCW". Hope he's signed to a deal. Tuned in for those two but stuck around intrigued by what followed. Loved Alexa/Peyton and thought both looked great. Peyton seems like a fun babyface, would like to see more of her. Thought Alexa's promo was well done afterwards. Corbin/Rhyno was a solid main event between two guys I enjoy, even though I liked them a lot as a tag team. Cool Joe promo to end. Only skipped the tag so overall an above average highly enjoyable episode for me even with most of the matches being squashes.

I do wonder if they are just burning through Crews as Title Contender now because they are going to call him up before the end of the year.

I really can't imagine that he was ever destined to spend too too long in NXT - especially because of some people's preferences

I really hope he gets more time in NXT. Dude's super-athletic, but he does the exact schtick everyone was killing Dana over: hit move/pose/smile at camera/hit move/pose/yell something/smile at camera/hit move/hit move/pin. I get no sense character-wise that he wants to do anything except look good in the ring. I'd rather see him work a few programs with guys like Joe, learn by osmosis from Regal, become an actual character and not a guy doing a fitness gymnastics routine, then come up after 'Mania next year and tear shit up.

Someone on wreddit noted that Asuka only really starts bringing viciousness once disrespected - Dana's slaps and head-patting, Billie's rejection of handshake.

I enjoy the possibility that Asuka-Bayley never manages to get too violent as a consequence of Bayley not being a jerk, or acts as character development (and a heel turn?) by showing that Asuka's viciousness is inherent rather than situational.

I much prefer him to Bálor, but yeah, he's probably losing, sadly. Not a fan of Bálor or this title reign at all. 

I hate to harp on Eva Marie not being very talented, but she cut that promo like she downed a bottle of Somas before she did it. Good gravy. 

Not liking Finn Balor is like admitting that you are a self-loathing wrestling fan.

• Like 1

Someone on wreddit noted that Asuka only really starts bringing viciousness once disrespected - Dana's slaps and head-patting, Billie's rejection of handshake.

I enjoy the possibility that Asuka-Bayley never manages to get too violent as a consequence of Bayley not being a jerk, or acts as character development (and a heel turn?) by showing that Asuka's viciousness is inherent rather than situational.

Exactly. Fans have already embraced her as an 'edgy' face. I think they really need to stress this part of the character, it's sort of a unique role and she does it perfectly. Total babyface until one does something disrespectful which is followed in short order by THE LOOK and then the brutal ass-kicking. To quote the departed Mr. Brooks. "I dig crazy chicks."

Really digging Crime-Syndicate-Superwoman Billie Kay, her and Emma and Danna can form the next BFF.

Bliss carrying her heel persona into the ring very well, she really does need that viciousness (she's tiny!).  Jax would be a great bodyguard for her down the road.

Man, the crowd reaction clearly brought out the feels in Storm.

Sweet, more wrestler video packages!

If Bliss is still going to carry that skeleton hand thing (I am sure it some cool comic book thing that I don't get) when she is doing promos and managing, she needs to pull a Ted Dibase and use it like a loaded glove.   Unless the loaded glove it actually looks like something that would hurt

• Like 1