DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 - Q4

RIPPA

I think this "Breeze is on the main roster now" thing is more that he's traveling with the main roster and will be at all the shows/tapings until they do bring him on TV. I doubt they're going to throw him on RAW tonight in a segment/match with no build up. If he IS on the main show starting tonight, it probably will be in a backstage segment or something. They do a lot of dumb things, but I'd think HHH would at least have enough pull to have one of "his" guys just show up unannounced with no hype.

However, they DID debut Neville on the same show just a few segments after his first hype video aired on RAW, so who knows?

The difference between losing a bunch of matches in NXT and losing a bunch on the main roster is that in NXT Breeze still gets to do promos, skits and get his character over in between jobs. On the main roster when he's dropping falls left and right with no promo time or character development that's when the fans decide the guy is a jobber.

I really like Breeze's work, and I hope he's does great on the main roster. He's a guy that can get the character over if they give him the chance.

Just for the record - the exact Meltzer blurb was

I don't know when he will officially start on TV, other than it is supposed to be really soon, but Tyler Breeze is now considered on the main roster. He could start this week although I was told it could be bumped a week or two.

The NXT-WWE call-up percentage is insanely high. Seth Roins is the champ. Big E. And Xavier are part of the hottest act in the company. Bray and The Family have been in main events. Bo Dallas is great in his role. Rusev is awesome. I know I am forgetting a lot more.

The only misses they have had are Adam Rose and Emma. Adam Rose didn't have a lot of NXT time to really shake out the character. Emma didn't get over.

I won't count The Ascension because they always sucked.

Emma didn't get over because they had her do the dance with no promo time and just teamed her wit Santino. They didn't try to develop her character at all. 

Neville was doing well but he's settled into the lower mid card.  To be fair, I didn't expect much more than that for him. 

• Like 1

Breeze is at the awkward point where he's peaked in NXT, and even though it looks bleak for him on the main roster, there's not much else to do with him. Basically the same thing that happened to the Ascension. Breeze is way more talented than those guys to be sure, but it's gonna be hard for him to get past that Adam Rose/Bo Dallas tier.

I think the best play would be to bring Corbin up with him and do a Shawn/Diesel thing as tag champs.

Breeze is at the awkward point where he's peaked in NXT, and even though it looks bleak for him on the main roster, there's not much else to do with him. Basically the same thing that happened to the Ascension. Breeze is way more talented than those guys to be sure, but it's gonna be hard for him to get past that Adam Rose/Bo Dallas tier.

I think the best play would be to bring Corbin up with him and do a Shawn/Diesel thing as tag champs.

I think at some point, they'll be guys in NXT that are permanent vets, even though it's supposed to be a developmental brand.  They'll get paid more than the usual developmental wrestler but won't really have much hope of a main roster run except in spurts.  Sort of like Tyson Kidd bouncing back and forth before the Brass Rings team got traction.

You mean like Rhyno and maybe Samoa Joe and the guy that are we supposed to spoiler him still?

And arguably even Ty Dillenger/Gavin Spears.  Does he has the record for longest developmental stint yet?

I was actually thinking about people that are on the "Main Roster" now, that I haven't seen in months.  Fandango, Jack Swagger, Brad Maddox, etc are guys that I assume are working house shows but how long will there be room for them to do that? 

I guess this means we won't get our wacky sitcom about mismatched roommates, "Mr Regal and the Breeze"?

Konnor from the Ascension started in development around 2005 so he has to have the record.

Ryback also had an extremely long stint in development. He got signed after being on Tough Enough in 2004 and made his debut six years later on NXT in 2010.

Tye Dillinger and Konnor both got released at some point and then re-signed a bit later. So if anyone wants to do the math...

Konnor from the Ascension started in development around 2005 so he has to have the record.

Ryback also had an extremely long stint in development. He got signed after being on Tough Enough in 2004 and made his debut six years later on NXT in 2010.

Tye Dillinger and Konnor both got released at some point and then re-signed a bit later. So if anyone wants to do the math...

Except Ryback was on the main roster during the Nexus feud with Cena so he just got retooled after that (or since he went ot being Ryback, detooled)

James

Except Ryback was on the main roster during the Nexus feud with Cena so he just got retooled after that (or since he went ot being Ryback, detooled)

James

Doesn't contradict anything I said. His debut on the main roster was as Skip Sheffield on the first episode of NXT and that was in 2010. The Ryback character made his debut in 2012.

If Tye Dillinger counts when he had a cup of coffee on ECW in 2008, then Damien Sandow would count as well (started in developmental in 2003, had a cup of coffee in 2006, released for a period, only made it to the main roster for good in 2012.) 

Some of the OVW guys took forever to make the main roster. Damaja/Danny Basham, Doug Basham, Nick Dinsmore, and Rob Conway all look to have a good 5-6 years between OVW and WWE appearances (not counting dark matches).

They weren't really being groomed for the main roster, though. They just wound up there because they were consistently good workers in OVW.

That Asuka/Billie Kay match sped through everything, but it made me want to see a rematch that goes ten minutes longer. 

I hope Enzo and Cass get a vanity run with the belts before they move on.

I'm not usually a stickler for physical look, but James Storm put on a surprising amount of "I can't be arsed to give any fucks about TNA" pudge in the middle there. 

It's really interesting that Apollo Crews is a guy that, even before they started to highlight him in these packages, I inherently liked and wanted to see succeed. On the other hand, Alexa Bliss is working really hard and she just isn't connecting with me at all. If she never showed up again, I'd forget that she existed. I know I'm in a minority of one on this board when it comes to this viewpoint, but yeah, just found it interesting to note. 

Man, I hope Crews wins the gold. 

Don't look now, but Corbin is getting pretty good, Orton-style resthold that grinds the match to a halt aside. I appreciated his timing of the kickout perfectly to sucker that crowd into believing that Rhyno would win for a second as well as his remembering to sell the ribs after the win.