DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 - Q4

RIPPA

Count me in as a member of the "liked Nia Jax but she deserves better ring gear" club. She'll be CLUBBERIN' before ya know it. I think she fill a needed role in the rebuilding of the women's division.

Apollo Crews? Nope...don't care yet. Make me care before making him the #1 contender. This is filler at best. The guys I'm ready to see vs. Finn are a model and Samoan ass kicker.

Corbin is ready for a title shot imo. He would get a lot of heat working opposite Balor, and his ring work has really improved as a heel. I don't know if I'd want him to win the belt, but I wouldn't hate it if he did.

I'd be ready for some Corbin for sure. He's come a long way.

Who decides what the workers wear?  Bayley, Sasha, Dana, Emma, and Alexis all have great ring gear, but both Evie and Nia Jax's gear looked sub par when everyone else's looks so good.

When they first debut, they all had generic, forgettable-at-best ring gear. I think it's just a feeling out process, like why have a set outfit when you don't really know how the crowd reacts or how the wrestler will develop on TV.

Example, the Aussie twins were super indie generic when they first debut but now they're all Star Sapphires.

Went to the NXT house show tonight in Orlando. HIghlights include Asuka destroying Eva with a knee to the face, the awesome Finn/Vaudevillans/Bayley vs BAMF/Dillinger main event and Gable/Jordan vs Dash/Dawson bringing the house down. The Asuka match was her and Gionna Daddio vs Emma and Eva. I like seeing Asuka teaming with the younger girls. Daddio has potential as a scrappy babyface. The undercard featured guys that aren't on tv and Apollo Crews.  The non TV that looked the best were Levis Venezula Jr and Hugo Knox.  Levis is taller than I thought but he plays a babyface like Carlos Colon so I can live with that.  Hugo is gonna get over huge at Full sail with his dancing.

Oh and Solomon Crowe now looks exactly like HAVOK. Down to the mask, mascara and hairstyle. It's freaky. Corbin beat him with a springboard end of the days which looked awesome.

So I guess Leva Bates got fired from NXT because they felt she was disrespectful according to something I read? Does anyone know if this is true?

She said it wasn't true. 

I read a report online that said Eva had a decent match at one of these house shows but I forget who she faced. Maybe it was Asuka but I thought it was Bayley.  I can't find the report now. 

Per Meltzer's update today - Tyler Breeze is considered to be on the Main Roster now

He might not show up on TV this week but it should be in the next couple of weeks

I dislike how Dana's attire is evocative of the Harts. The same thing but with not-pink piping -- blue, green, silver, orange, red -- would be perfectly fine...

So, you're saying that nobody can have pink on their outfit anymore?

That's a needlessly unreasonable reading of my comment.

Per Meltzer's update today - Tyler Breeze is considered to be on the Main Roster now

He might not show up on TV this week but it should be in the next couple of weeks

If there was ever a time to actual have a decent payoff with the US title open challenge, this is it.

Which of course means Cena will go away for several weeks without defending it or explaining why, and Breeze will get the Adam Rose comedy act treatment.

I don't even know where Tyler Breeze fits on the main roster. Who does he feud with? How do they treat him? What does he do? Having him be the one to beat Cena for the US Title doesn't seem likely (that slot should be for Sami Zayn). I mean, I'm sure plenty of people will bitch about how he's going to be booked on the main shows and that he likely will be on the losing end more often than not, but it's not like he was tearing through the NXT roster. Yeah, he's great in the ring and his character stuff is spot on, but he would get put in a high profile match on the Takeover shows, and lose. What was the last big match he won? And that was NXT. What are the RAW writers going to give to him? He'll likely be the heel side of Neville where he is just put out there to have matches during one of the middle "unimportant" segments, but never really go anywhere. In fact, now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if his first feud is with Neville.

I'd love to be wrong. Like I said, his character stuff is spot on and we all know he's good in the ring. Maybe the RAW writers will love his character and somebody will take a shine to him and they'll give him a good push. But I just don't see it happening.

This feels pretty premature to me. I haven't seen Raw forever but I remember how Adam Rose landed with a resounding thud. I really like Tyler Breeze. I hate to say it but Raw is, for a most part, a shitty place for NXT talents to go. The Raw writing staff seem to understand less and less about how good pro wrestling works by the week.

Adam Rose debuted on NXT and got a huge response from the crowd who appreciated the thought behind this new character. They knew this used to be Leo Kruger but understood this was a push for a new character and they gave their appreciation based solely on the, admittedly, awesome entrance alone. Then they fast tracked him to RAW before the character had any time to work out any kinks on NXT beyond said awesome entrance. Once the bell rang, who was Adam Rose in the ring? I think he WAS over on the main show on his debut, but since the character never grew beyond the elaborate entrance, they had nowhere to take him and he fizzled out. They didn't even give him any real feud at all on RAW during his face run, and his only real feud was with the Bunny, which didn't even have a pay off.

Tyler Breeze is coming in with a fully formed character in and out of the ring. Hopefully the RAW writers embrace it, but again I don't see him advancing beyond low mid-card. I don't think he'll be a complete comedy jobber like Bo Dallas at all, but I don't see him going much farther than Neville.

The only thing that gives me some hope is that at least the WWE had Rick Martel as the Model and gave him a pretty decent push with the gimmick. The Breeze character is more nuanced, but it's still simple enough for VKM and his little band of typing monkeys to understand. VKM does seem to have a weak spot for self-absorbed pretty boys who are effective in the ring, so Tyler will probably be okay.

I think this "Breeze is on the main roster now" thing is more that he's traveling with the main roster and will be at all the shows/tapings until they do bring him on TV. I doubt they're going to throw him on RAW tonight in a segment/match with no build up. If he IS on the main show starting tonight, it probably will be in a backstage segment or something. They do a lot of dumb things, but I'd think HHH would at least have enough pull to have one of "his" guys just show up unannounced with no hype.

However, they DID debut Neville on the same show just a few segments after his first hype video aired on RAW, so who knows?

The difference between losing a bunch of matches in NXT and losing a bunch on the main roster is that in NXT Breeze still gets to do promos, skits and get his character over in between jobs. On the main roster when he's dropping falls left and right with no promo time or character development that's when the fans decide the guy is a jobber.

I really like Breeze's work, and I hope he's does great on the main roster. He's a guy that can get the character over if they give him the chance.

Just for the record - the exact Meltzer blurb was

I don't know when he will officially start on TV, other than it is supposed to be really soon, but Tyler Breeze is now considered on the main roster. He could start this week although I was told it could be bumped a week or two.