DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 - Q4

RIPPA

That is insane. I've been saying for years, "They should pick up James Storm, but that'll obviously never happen..."

It's probably too much to hope for for him to use "Longnecks and Rednecks". Love that song.

I believe I read they want him to be a player/coach, so he'll probably never go to the main roster (which is just fine, as I'm pretty much done watching those shows).

I have to assume Samoa Joe and Storm are allowed to use their names because WWE considers TNA dead.

I don't even know if I'd be shocked about AJ Styles coming in at this point.

• Like 1

Exactly what I was thinking.  They are great vet hands that can still put out good work, so why not?  I don't think an AJ Styles would be satisfied with being "stuck" on NXT though, when he can be a top guy everywhere else.

They need to really get more of these types of wrestlers in to build back up some of their homegrown stars after losses. Tyler Breeze, for example, needs to get built back up for either a title run or a transition to the main shows right now. They have their pick of vets to bring in on a part-time basis for Breeze to beat over the next two-to-four months until they decide what to finally do with him. 

I think it's more they don't intend to call them up to the main roster. They're there for veteran presence and bolstering the live shows as they expand their touring schedule.

I would be surprised if Joe doesn't get at least a short run on the main roster. His t-shirt sold really well, and last night he looked damn close to the Samoa Joe from ten years ago.

Storm was one of the best babyfaces in wrestling in 2012 during his feud with Roode, delivering killer promos all the time in addition to great matches. Looking forward to what he gets to do here. Very cool to see, hope they continue bringing in these veteran free agent types.

Storm was one of the best babyfaces in wrestling in 2012 during his feud with Roode, delivering killer promos all the time in addition to great matches. Looking forward to what he gets to do here. Very cool to see, hope they continue bringing in these veteran free agent types.

One of the dumbest fucking things TNA has ever done was have Roode win the Bound For Glory tournament in 2011 instead of James Storm. Storm was hot as hell in 2011, and instead of pulling the trigger on having him win the tourney and beat Angle for the belt, they had Roode win and lose to Angle. By the time they finally put the title on Storm, it was too late to capitalize on Storm's momentum. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

One of the dumbest fucking things TNA has ever done was have Roode win the Bound For Glory tournament in 2011 instead of James Storm. Storm was hot as hell in 2011, and instead of pulling the trigger on having him win the tourney and beat Angle for the belt, they had Roode win and lose to Angle. By the time they finally put the title on Storm, it was too late to capitalize on Storm's momentum. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
I think you're slightly misremembering how epically they fucked that up:

You're right that Storm lost in the tourney, and Roode lost to Angle.

But Storm won the title from Angle on THE VERY NEXT IMPACT.

Only for Roode to then turn heel and beat HIM for the title on THE NEXT IMPACT AFTER THAT.

Storm never got his revenge on Roode until the next BFG in a ultra-bloody feud-ending match......that wasn't for the title.

• Like 3

I think you're slightly misremembering how epically they fucked that up:

You're right that Storm lost in the tourney, and Roode lost to Angle.

But Storm won the title from Angle on THE VERY NEXT IMPACT.

Only for Roode to then turn heel and beat HIM for the title on THE NEXT IMPACT AFTER THAT.

Storm never got his revenge on Roode until the next BFG in a ultra-bloody feud-ending match......that wasn't for the title.

Fuck. You're right. Seriously, how the fuck is TNA still in business?

Storm's pop was insane. Second only to Chad Gable. He seemed generally touched by the reaction. After the match, the fans chanted Beer Money which made me sad that Bobby Roode is stuck in that hellhole called TNA. He should be in NXT.

Fun tapings tonight, some new feuds started and a lot of women's wrestling

A bunch of girls from Shine/Shimmer had matches as jobber. Shazza, Kay Lee Ray and Evie. Evie and Kay Lee lost to Nia Jax and Shazza lost to Emma. Kay Lee in particular looked impressive. She sold Nia's finisher like death.

VaudeVillans beats Dawkins and Fulton. Not much of a match except they had to reshoot the finish cause Dawkins screwed up.

Apollo Crews is the new number 1 contender. Final four were Breeze, Joe, Corbin and Crews. Breeze was eliminated and helped Joe get eliminated. That's a new feud. Crews eliminated Corbin and it was a real good match.

Asuka beat Billie Kay. As far as out in front of the crowd, no Asuka/Dana interactions

Enzo/Cass got destroyed by Dawson/Wilder in two different matches. Enzo won the first match but Dawson/Wilder jumped him and Cas after the match injuring cas's leg. The second match didn't even start as Enzo/Cas were attacked while doing the spiel. Really effective booking at making Dawson/Wilder top heels.

James Strom beat Martin Stone. This will air in 2 weeks I think. Basic match but lots of heat.

Alexa Bliss beat Peyton Royce. During the first taping, Bayley had her celebration for her match at Takeover. Alexa came out to congratulate Bayley with Blake and Murphy. She then stole Bayley's title and I guess is the next challenger for Bayley's title.

Chad Gable and Jason Jordon beat Ciampa and Gargano. This was the best match of the night. Gable is the most over guy in the company right now. Jordan worked great with Gargano and lots of "this is awesome" chants during this. Must see match

Samoa Joe beat Tyler Breeze. I think this might have been Joe's best match in NXT. He even did a dive. Just beat down Breeze and won with the clutch.

Finn Balor beat Tye Dillenger. .Fun main event. Tye worked over Finn's leg.. Finn was super over.

I with Fresh in that I still can't believe Storm is actually in NXT

We have talked several times about "guys the WWE would be interested in when TNA closes" and my list was basically Bobby Roode and Gail Kim. I always thought Storm would get screwed for being too old.

Of course - that was all before this new "Lets have a couple of vets work with the kids" movement.

And what was funny is that I was thinking during Respect that they really need to bring in a 2nd guy besides Rhyno

I want to see Tyler Breeze and Cesaro team up in a new Kidd/Cesaro unit.

I heartily endorse this plan.

Add me to the list of Breeze fans. I think he's been a great in his character role thus far and his in-ring performance just gets better and better. I'm looking forward to how great he can be a year from now.

She was pretty awful, though. Just totally unnatural and clearly looking like she was acting. Unless she's secretly a good wrestler, they're probably better off trying someone else at that backstage interviewer spot.

• Like 1