DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 - Q4

RIPPA

Dana seems like such a weird choice for Asuka's first match, just because it seems like there's some weird miscue or super awkward transition in every Dana match. (Did you see how long it took her to get back on track with Royce after the botch last night? Felt like an eternity.) She's not her person I would pick for a big debut match where I want everything to go clean and smooth.

Emma would seem like the much more logical choice, especially since they don't seem to have any plans for moving her up the card and a loss wouldn't hurt her.

I'm assuming Emma will be next for Bayley.  Instead of just coming out to Dana's music, they seemed to make a point to feature Emma, give her entrance poses and enter the ring to her music.  That's about the biggest sign someone is up for a push that the WWE has.

She doesn't look like a flesh and blood human being. She looks like she's amde of polygons, like some character model for Bioware game

James

Who the fuck is James?

I know who I am

Do you know who you are?

20140708-seinfeld29-x306-1404866023.jpg

James

• Like 6

Seriously though, I've been posting since the first version of the board in the green and yellow days.

Don't let the low number of posts fool you, I'm known round these parts.

Now let's get back to talking about NXT

How about that Blue Pants? She's quite a spirited lass eh?

James 

Dana seems like such a weird choice for Asuka's first match, just because it seems like there's some weird miscue or super awkward transition in every Dana match. (Did you see how long it took her to get back on track with Royce after the botch last night? Felt like an eternity.) She's not her person I would pick for a big debut match where I want everything to go clean and smooth.

Emma would seem like the much more logical choice, especially since they don't seem to have any plans for moving her up the card and a loss wouldn't hurt her.

I agree. I'm predicting a squash. 

She doesn't look like a flesh and blood human being. She looks like she's amde of polygons, like some character model for Bioware game

James

Who the fuck is James?

I know who I am

Do you know who you are?

James

So you just type your name into the bottom of the posts to let everyone know that Steve isn't posting from your account?

Just stop giving Steve your passwords.

Fucking Steve, that asshole.

• Like 1

James

Who the fuck is James?

I know who I am

Do you know who you are?

James

So you just type your name into the bottom of the posts to let everyone know that Steve isn't posting from your account?

Just stop giving Steve your passwords.

Fucking Steve, that asshole.

OK... this just made me laugh a good bit. M only regret?

I can only give it but a single LIKE

fuckin Steve

James

I'm assuming Emma will be next for Bayley. Instead of just coming out to Dana's music, they seemed to make a point to feature Emma, give her entrance poses and enter the ring to her music. That's about the biggest sign someone is up for a push that the WWE has.

I don't think so, though. They already ran Emma/Bayley a ton over the summer, and they also used Emma as Bayley's job girl on the Texas shows. I don't think you'd use somebody you have big plans for that way.

I'm assuming Emma will be next for Bayley. Instead of just coming out to Dana's music, they seemed to make a point to feature Emma, give her entrance poses and enter the ring to her music. That's about the biggest sign someone is up for a push that the WWE has.

I don't think so, though. They already ran Emma/Bayley a ton over the summer, and they also used Emma as Bayley's job girl on the Texas shows. I don't think you'd use somebody you have big plans for that way.

May be Nia Jax next for Bayley. A lot of speculation she'll debut by squashing Bayley after the main event on Wednesday. In that scenario I assume Emma would be next for Asuka.

Not sure if we should put the WWE24 special on NXTakeover Brooklyn here or in the Network thread but damn this is awesome.   Showing the setup to the show was great including how they set up Finn Balor body paint.  

It really put a great face on guys like Owens, Balor, Sasha Banks, and Bayley.   I have never seen the pre-Bayley stuff from NXT and man what an incredible transformation.  As generic as Sasha was before being the BOSS, Bayley was a lot worse.   But you can see the love of the business from all the women's wrestlers.   

First time I have seen Kevin Owens son reacting to debuting against Cena and man if they ever show that on the main roster he is fucked as a heel 

I also liked that Blue Pants compared herself to the next door neighbor that randomly shows up at TV comedies for no real reason    :lol:

Not going to lie it got a little dusty when they showed the recap of Bayley vs Sasha.   Love Cesaro talking about how when you can get grown men to tears for a women's wrestling match then you have done it

• Like 1

Trying to play catch up. I still have a few episodes to watch. I did catch the Bayley return to Full Sail from a few weeks ago with Sasha coming out. Should I try to watch the rest of that episode and the one before and after it or should I watch the NXT special instead? I probably just have time for one before the Takeover.

Funny how the same company that can produce such a sterile, lifeless show like Raw can produce something so emotionally charged as the WWE24 NXT special.  The Bayley story alone is a better story than anything they've come up in years.  When you have your World Champ close to tears, you know you have something good.

• Like 1

I enjoyed Vince in the background beaming like a proud father. I wonder if it's weird for him to be at a show as a fan and not be in control and running it.

I thought this special was great and makes you love Bayley, Sasha, Becky, Finn, and Owens and desperately want them to succeed. I don't know how you can come away from this show not wanting them to all conquer the world.

Really great 24 special. Even disliking the outcome of their match as a big Sasha fan and not a Bayley fan, damn that match was incredible and this was a fantastic special look at it. I loved the reactions from their mothers too, awesome touch that really hammered home the emotions involved in the match overall. Watching the match at the time, I wasn't convinced Sasha was going to lose so I hated when she did but at the same time it was a match that sucked you in as a fan, gotta love it. Always great to see proud HHH after with Balor and the girls. Owens came off real well in his bits too. Haven't watched NXT since the last Takeover but this made me feel like I at least have to see the main event now and of course Asuka's debut.