DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 - Q4

RIPPA

I mean I guess you could make the argument that if they called it an Iron Woman match that you are gendering the match unnecessarily (like a Lumber "Jill" match).  I don't see the point personally. 

I would have liked Sasha or Bayley to come out and say if Bret vs HBK was an Ironman match, that's what they want to call it.  But I'm not too hung up on what the stip is called.

BTW, how would you book a Sasha victory?  Or a post-Takeover if Sasha wins.

In my rewatch of the NXT catalog to see the Emmalution Evolution of Sasha Banks, I've come across the April 2, 2014 show.  Her offence is still pretty generic and she's using some over the top heel tactics, mixed in with her awesome heel tactics that she's still developing.  She's booked way below Charlotte at this point, but William Regal has an incredibly prescient comment.  He says, "I will go on record as saying that Sasha Banks is the hidden gem here in NXT.  She's somebody that will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come."

You're almost to the tournament, which IMO is where Sasha changed. In fact I would say the entire division stepped it up a notch from there, but Sasha most of all. I've wondered if it is a coincidence that this is also when Drake Younger appeared as a ref.

In the tourney, she broke out the Bank Statement against Bayley and the double knees in the corner against Natalya, first time I think she did either of those on TV.  Still relying heavily on those shrieking double fist and head smashing attacks.  Anticipating the breakup of the BFFs now.  Also, Alexa Bliss looked really good in her debut against Alicia Fox, who also looked really good.  Alexa's debut promo had Heel Bliss all over it, even as she was trying to babyface it up.

I'm now in July and the Boss is almost there.  The BBFs are done.  She had a match against Alexa Bliss on the 7/17/14 show where she had no diva slaps at all.  Regal is still putting over huge, saying she's a future champion during the match.

In other thoughts, Angelo Dawkins has some Kevin McHale arms.  I can't believe how strong Mojo's ass-based offense is booked.  Bayley and Sami had pretty cool themes that got replaced by new themes that just fit them better.  Also during this time was the legendary Bayley vs Eva Marie match.  Heel announcer Byron Saxton is weird. Jason Jordan's career started looking up after he cut that fro.

jasonj45.jpg

I mean I guess you could make the argument that if they called it an Iron Woman match that you are gendering the match unnecessarily (like a Lumber "Jill" match).  I don't see the point personally. 

I would have liked Sasha or Bayley to come out and say if Bret vs HBK was an Ironman match, that's what they want to call it.  But I'm not too hung up on what the stip is called.

BTW, how would you book a Sasha victory?  Or a post-Takeover if Sasha wins.

Sasha takes the first fall quickly with a small package while holding the tights, Bayley scores the second fall with a Avalanche Belly-To-Bayley. Finisher stealing occurs and when Bayley locks in the Bank Statement on Sasha, she bridges around into a pinning position. Bayley doesn't let go and is pinned. Bayley's own hubris costs her the title as she got away from what got her the win.

Sasha gloats, Bayley sulks, Eva Marie appears on the ramp and motions that she wants the belt

First episode post Takeover. Sasha/Bayley 3, ends when Eva Marie comes out and sees how the Women's title would look on her. This distracts Sasha who gets laid out with the title belt and wins via DQ. William Regal announces that as per WWE HQ, Eva Marie's impressive undefeated streak, Eva Marie is due a title shot. Right now. Sasha's still out from the belt shot and Eva Marie easily wins the title

This way Bayley gets screwed again, Sasha doesn't have the belt long and there's no issue with her losing the belt on the tapings later down the line while RAW is still live, and it puts over that Eva Marie is the corporate chosen one and this sets up Bayley vs. Eva Marie as a Voice of the Fans vs. WWE Corporate

Going into WWE NXT "Takeover: Respect" next Wednesday, it will be NXT Week on the WWE Network. It's been announced that Takeover will run for 2 hours and 30 minutes, a first for the live NXT specials. Below are details:

Monday, October 5th

WWE 24: NXT, one-hour special after RAW goes off the air at 11:06pm EST

"WWE 24 cameras follow the men and women of NXT in this revealing behind the curtain look at the NXT: TakeOver event from Brooklyn, NY."

Tuesday, October 6th

NXT "Takeover: Respect" preview show at 6am EST, one-hour show hosted by Corey Graves

"Join Corey Graves for this in-depth preview of NXT TakeOver: Respect!"

Wednesday, October 7th

Table For 3 with Cesaro, Kevin Owens and Dean Ambrose at 4pm EST

"Join Dean Ambrose, Cesaro and Kevin Owens as they share 'indy' experiences, life on the road and their career goals and aspirations in WWE."

Wednesday, October 7th

NXT "Takeover: Respect" thirty minute Pre-show at 7:30pm EST

Wednesday, October 7th

NXT "Takeover: Repect" live at 8pm EST, running 2 hours and 30 minutes for the first time ever

And it seems that Carmella was injured in tonight's match with Eva Marie.  Conflicting reports on who goofed.

CQW_xapUcAE-nwm.jpg

She doesn't look like a flesh and blood human being. She looks like she's amde of polygons, like some character model for Bioware game

James

That should appeal to the target audience of those cards though.

41 amazing years, my friend

42 here...I'll see you in the home. I'll bring my DVDs...

I'm 36. We can all watch my VHS copy of The Great American Bash 1987

61AptRHvEeL._SY300_.jpg

I'm gonna need all your driver's licenses.

This feels like profiling...