DVDVR Message Board

October 3rd MSG Special

ChesterCopperpot

Yes. If he's retiring or going away it was a hell of a way to go out. I thought this show was a blast, not great matches except for the main but they were almost all fun. I say this every time but they need to do this more often.

• Like 1

I was just about to ask who the bald guy in the photos was until Lance Storm was mentioned. And then I recognized Caveman Jon Stewart too. He's about a 7/10 on the Caveman Ex-Late Night Host Scale, with Letterman being the industry standard (as always). 

EDIT: Actually Jon looks more like the Vietnam vet at the local soup kitchen, trying to reserve a spot in the Catholic homeless shelter by volunteering

None of the matches besides the main went over 10 minutes. I do like that they gave Jericho time to speak before his match it was touching. Say what you will about Jericho but he's accomplished alot in this business sure he had to claw and bite and fight his way to the top but all good performers in any realm have to. 

I enjoyed almost everything about this show. There seemed to be a different energy than your run of the mill Raw of SD. 

I agree with nofuture that  Show may be finally winding his career down. He looked to be in some legit pain after the third or fourth trip to Suplex City. 

It was my friend's birthday party tonight so I PVRd this and ended up fast forwarding through a lot. Mostly because the opening tag, tag title rerun, and Jericho in 2015 do nothing for me on paper and I didn't care enough to try my luck.

Neville-Stardust sure was a house show match.

PCB-Bellas I really liked actually. I think there was really good character stuff there and that it moved things forward for the characters. Some clever twists on tag formula too. Also enjoyed Paige's postmatch promo. Good heeling.

BROCK-Show was exactly what it needed to be. Show does big things. Brock no sells and takes him to Suplex City. Great four or five minutes.

Main event was...eh. Too many weird logic gaps. If they had Cena going for pins with Seth trying to do the same until settling for escape options it'd be one thing, but they just kind of did things like a video game match. Lots of climb-move-climb in the middle and that inexplicable bit where Seth is going to the door, gets caught, hits his leaping Enziguri, then goes for a pin while the door is still wide open. More egregious no-selling than usual too. Really disappointing given how much I loved their recent PPV matches. Great finishing run and finish (mostly) as always but the road there was rough.

I probably would have been more into this show if the main roster house style wasn't starting to bore the shit out of me. Still enjoyed the Divas tag and Brock-Show so that's something.

And now it's time for CrazyMax46's review of this MSG show. Since people seem to get upset when I am too positive, and then other people get upset when I am too negative, I shall try to give a review that offends nobody.

The MSG show, was a wrestling show, broadcast on the WWE Network, via a insane profit to margin ratio that wrestling fans seem to be blissfully unaware of. Nothing of note happened. In the past these shows were called "Throwaway House Shows" but now WWE calls them "First Run Programming"

It featured wrestlers performing in a ring. Storylines took place of which we were given more questions than answers. Will Paige get revenge on Charlotte? Will Seth Rollins be able to beat Kane? Will Chris Jericho ever realize his tattoos look awful? Will I be able to care? NO.

After two hours, the show was over and people went home. Some people won, and some lost. Titles were defended and none changed hands.

The show drew a crowd of people into an arena. They reacted certain ways to certain things.

By and large, this was every WWE house show ever. Nothing fantastic, nothing that made me mad.

Whoever decided to not have Jericho wrestle on TV anymore made the right decision, that guy moves in slow motion now.  Confession, I like Stardust's shtick, but it appears I'm the only one.  Was another crowd chanting, "We Want Sasha", during a divas match?  I'm beginning to think that it's possible that Sasha wins the belt Wednesday and brings it to Raw and proclaims it the real women's championship.

Whoever decided to not have Jericho wrestle on TV anymore made the right decision, that guy moves in slow motion now.  Confession, I like Stardust's shtick, but it appears I'm the only one.  Was another crowd chanting, "We Want Sasha", during a divas match?  I'm beginning to think that it's possible that Sasha wins the belt Wednesday and brings it to Raw and proclaims it the real women's championship.

Hahaha New Yorkers

Us Northern New Englanders got to enjoy Sasha last night. 

So what is this belt that Rollins is running around with?  the US Title is the one that matters most, right?

If Rollins hasn't been one of the worst overall booked World Champs ever, having him job multiple times to the tertiary Champion should seal it, even if that 3rd Tier champ is John Cena.

Rollins is one of the worst champions period. 

I watched this today. Owens and Jericho had a decent match and The New Day's promo was fantastic. Big Show dying for us all was hardcore, too.

Otherwise, not good. Rollins is one of the worst dudes on the roster in particular, and Cena's PWG ace act is overdone. The rest of it was jibber-jabber that I've seen before enough already, and I don't even watch RAW (just select New Day/Rusev/Owens segments later in the week). 

Thought the show was disappointing with nothing really happening. Figured it'd feel a bit more like more than just another house show. With the TV build, I expected a Dudleys win or at least not another DQ after they just did one on Night of Champs. I doubt they'll drag it out till TLC for the tables match. Owens/Jericho finishing sequence was cool.

I can see what they were thinking with that cage finish in that Kane coming down took away the option for escape, which makes it more sensical that most cage dives. Even though it was a mistake in the end.

I at least appreciate their need to cover that base.

I see what they were going for, but it still put Rollins in a bad way.  At least if he had jumped down on Kane's side, he would have had a chance to become US champ while getting kicked around.  As it was, he jumps off the cage toward Cena--a move that could have easily broken a leg--gets AA'd to the lose the match and still has Kane chokeslam and tombstone him.

It made Rollins look dumb--again.

MAJOR thumbs down on not opening the show with an updated version of the "WWF on MSG" intro from 1983-85. 

Haven't been to a house show in 20 years, not a fan of the mini-Titan Tron, hope they eventually get rid of it and have guys go back to just wrestling under the house lights.

MAJOR thumbs down on not opening the show with an updated version of the "WWF on MSG" intro from 1983-85. 

Haven't been to a house show in 20 years, not a fan of the mini-Titan Tron, hope they eventually get rid of it and have guys go back to just wrestling under the house lights.

I still haven't seen the MSG special but if it's anything like what they were using in Bangor, it looks terrible in person too and serves absolutely no purpose.