DVDVR Message Board

October 3rd MSG Special

ChesterCopperpot

Jericho just confirmed on Twitter that it will be him versus Kevin Owens at the show. It will be 25 years to the day since Jericho had his first pro match

Other matches advertised are

* Brock Lesnar vs Big Show
* WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins vs. John Cena with just the WWE United States Title on the line
* Rusev vs. Dolph Ziggler
* Sheamus vs. Randy Orton

Brock/Show matches are always fun.

I'm not gonna read in to the title dynamics of Rollins/Cena until after NoC.

Given both Sheamus and Orton's propensity to get stuck in never-ending B-level feuds, I think we should expect them to still be fighting at Summer Slam 2016.

For randomness I would want to see Reigns vs Neville. Mostly because I'd love to watch the MSG crowd flip out when Neville won but because I'd be interested in what springboard move Neville would attempt only to get Superman Punched by Reigns

• 3 weeks later...

WWE has a house show in Bangor, Maine on that same day. Will that become an NXT show or what?

This will probably be the B team show (Reigns/ Ambrose vs Wyatts,etc).  NXT is running a show in Louisville on the same night too.

Didn't they end up canceling the other show the last time they did one of these semi big shows

WWE has a house show in Bangor, Maine on that same day. Will that become an NXT show or what?

This will probably be the B team show (Reigns/ Ambrose vs Wyatts,etc).  NXT is running a show in Louisville on the same night too.

Didn't they end up canceling the other show the last time they did one of these semi big shows

No. When they did the Beast in Japan show, there was a house show in Winnipeg the same day. They cancelled a house show on the same night as Elimination Chamber, because they needed everyone there to fill the show.

Opening tag was fine. I liked Rusev blaming Sheamus, but didn't like both guys really looking weak by the end of this - Sheamus for losing and Rusev for getting kicked to death.  Loved the Jericho-Owens presentation. It was perfect, and the match was just what it needed to be. If they'd done this exact thing on PPV, they'd have fully rebuilt Owens in one night. Dudleys vs. New Day was a dud - just so unsatisfying. LOVED LOVED LOVED BROCK-SHOW! Just a perfect match. Seth vs. Cena was their usual good-to-great match. Seth is really going to regret that cage dive. It was literally a nothing spot. He just popped up, ate an AA, and then took a chokeslam and tombstone from Kane. THIS MAN IS SOMEHOW THE WORLD CHAMPION.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/10/wwe-live-from-madison-square-garden_3.html

Screens - 

1827b0439100909.jpg 

9b36c7439101025.jpg 

7deef0439105127.jpg 

7cfb10439105131.jpg

#divasrevolution

fc750f439103854.jpg 

f483b1439103895.jpg

5f92b3439103906.jpg  

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/jzrwzs1ckcrr8p2oom5erxktxux16gyq

So what is this belt that Rollins is running around with?  the US Title is the one that matters most, right?

If Rollins hasn't been one of the worst overall booked World Champs ever, having him job multiple times to the tertiary Champion should seal it, even if that 3rd Tier champ is John Cena.

I think the finish would have been fine if Rollins hadn't already lost to Cena a bunch of times.   He only really lost this one because Kane came out and blocked his escape. But.. with him losing to Cena every week, yeah it kind of sucks.

Show vs. Lesnar was fun.  Decent show to switch back and forth between football.

Has anyone noticed there are way too many side characters on The New Day show lately? And way too many parts that don't even have The New Day in them?

It's like Wrestling Observer live and everyone who isn't The New Day is people talking about MMA.

• Like 3

I can see what they were thinking with that cage finish in that Kane coming down took away the option for escape, which makes it more sensical that most cage dives. Even though it was a mistake in the end.

I at least appreciate their need to cover that base.