DVDVR Message Board

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka to be charged with murder

Is the story of Snuka pretending to not speak English even documented anywhere credible? I've only seen it in "sleaze" context.

And then Vince and Snuka enjoyed a little glass table-assisted coprophilia and went McGuyver on a blender.

When does Virgil whip his hose out on the detective's desk?

Right after KIller Karl Cox does some tricks with his glass eye.

220px-Hacksaw_jim_duggan_2011.PNG

• Like 2

And then a naked Kevin Sullivan strangles Nancy Benoit Argentino while Haku beats her over the head with a dead police dog, while Randy Savage fucks an underage Missy Hyatt up the ass with a curling iron, while Tommy Rich (with a collection of steroid needles in his asscheeks that spell out the word "BARNETT WUZ HERE") is stabbing Bruiser Brody with a squeegee in order to collect the shoot bounty placed on his head by Eddie Gilbert in 1996 when he was playing the new Ultimate Warrior. LOL SLEAZE 4 LIFE. ...can we maybe get back to the rather incredibly somber original point of this thread?

Aside from a couple recent posts it seems we've been sticking to the original point of this just fine.  There's been discussions on A.) How we're not surprised, B.) How bad Snuka will get it, C.) How Vince may or may not get in trouble and D.) How it will damage perceptions of wrestling.

That, and with how lengthy this is going to go there'll be plenty to talk about so I think we're all just settling in for a long ride.

I don't know what evidence they do or don't have

A fairly damning autopsy report which makes it sound like manslaughter at the very least. This woman had her head slammed into a hard surface several times in a row, plus various other wounds all over her body which looked defensive. And some various other circumstantial shit which doesn't look good, but it's the autopsy (which for some damn reason was sealed private for years) which really makes Snuka look guilty.

I've never believed that the police confused Snuka with some version of his pro wrestling character (Or Kimala, more likely).  Or that they believed Snuka couldn't speak or understand English.  Even local cops generally aren't that stupid.  Snuka presumably had a social security number, paid his taxes, had a driver's license, etc.  I imagine 5 min of leg work could have debunked the "ignorant savage" story.  Maybe they should have asked Snuka's then-wife how an illiterate savage got a marriage license or cashed his paychecks.  Maybe they should have wondered how an ignorant savage figured out how to call paramedics or knew to call the girl's parents later that night.

That's one bit of method acting in Snuka's favor: he WAS illiterate. Couldn't read. (Which doesn't mean he couldn't memorize numbers, which is much easier to do than learning language.) There's countless old stories about Jimmy always needing to be instructed verbally on where to go and what to do for his schedule, rather than in writing like the rest of the boys. I'd imagine that the office took care of all his taxes and business stuff.

Thanks, I haven't followed or read anything about the case. FUCK him, hopefully he will do at least some time, for her family to get a little closure at least. But given the age of the case, I think it still might be an uphill battle. As for Vince and WWE, if the Benoit tragedy didn't bring them down, nothing will. . . .

Thanks, I haven't followed or read anything about the case. FUCK him, hopefully he will do at least some time, for her family to get a little closure at least. But given the age of the case, I think it still might be an uphill battle. As for Vince and WWE, if the Benoit tragedy didn't bring them down, nothing will. . . .

Well this is different in that the Benoit murders were the act of one man acting alone, with no attempt at any sort of cover-up or deflection.  I agree with A Guy Named Tracy that it's very unlikely anything Vince did could be prosecuted so long after the fact, but IF it is shown that Snuka was a murderer and that McMahon helped him evade the charge - well then you need to remember that McMahon is the CEO of a publicly-traded company with shareholders who might have issue with such a man being in that position.

Having an employee murder somebody is bad, but no different than things that happen in all sort of businesses.  Having your CEO actively shield an employee from justice for a murder, well, that's something quite different, and directly linked to the public face of the company as a whole.  We're wrestling fans, we're immune to McMahon's sleaze by now, but how many shareholders will be willing to prop up the valuation of McMahon's company if they think he's wrestling's Kato Kalin?

Well this is different in that the Benoit murders were the act of one man acting alone, with no attempt at any sort of cover-up or deflection.  I agree with A Guy Named Tracy that it's very unlikely anything Vince did could be prosecuted so long after the fact, but IF it is shown that Snuka was a murderer and that McMahon helped him evade the charge - well then you need to remember that McMahon is the CEO of a publicly-traded company with shareholders who might have issue with such a man being in that position.

Having an employee murder somebody is bad, but no different than things that happen in all sort of businesses.  Having your CEO actively shield an employee from justice for a murder, well, that's something quite different, and directly linked to the company as a whole.

Your right, I keep forgetting the publicly traded part. That and the SJW's are more powerful than they were even in 2007. I wonder how WWE would try to work around a public suspension. . . .

Anybody thinking this will have any blowback on Vince is kidding themselves.  It's a 30 year old story.  Vince will say, if anything at all, that his involvement was minimal, the actions of a concerned employer, and that how the local PD mishandled things is their business.  He won't have to say even that much, as McDevitt and PR people will handle it.

Anybody thinking this will have any blowback on Vince is kidding themselves.  It's a 30 year old story.  Vince will say, if anything at all, that his involvement was minimal, the actions of a concerned employer, and that how the local PD mishandled things is their business.  He won't have to say even that much, as McDevitt and PR people will handle it.

The story as i know it is that Vince talked to the police. If he lied, pretty sure that's a crime, and if it was obstruction on a murder investigation, you better believe some people would want to stick that on Vince.

Yeah, that was bad phrasing.

If it's found that Vince had anything (illegal) to do with the coverup and he's even indicted for it, the American pro wrestling scene would be fucked or at least heavily socially stigmatized.

You mean like how people hate Roman Polanski and Woody Allen and stigmatized their work for the fucked up shit they did?

Is it honestly a socially 'cool' thing to be a wrestling fan as things are? IF Vince goes down, fine, let Hunter take over and book Raw the way he books NXT. Wrestling will be better for it.

Fuck all the 'but its fake' haters and their moronic thinking if they can't seperate the WWE and the (potential) criminal who runs it.

Anybody thinking this will have any blowback on Vince is kidding themselves. It's a 30 year old story. Vince will say, if anything at all, that his involvement was minimal, the actions of a concerned employer, and that how the local PD mishandled things is their business. He won't have to say even that much, as McDevitt and PR people will handle it.

The story as i know it is that Vince talked to the police. If he lied, pretty sure that's a crime, and if it was obstruction on a murder investigation, you better believe some people would want to stick that on Vince.

It's potentially obstruction of justice, but the statute of limitations ran out 30 years ago.

Yeah, that was bad phrasing.

If it's found that Vince had anything (illegal) to do with the coverup and he's even indicted for it, the American pro wrestling scene would be fucked or at least heavily socially stigmatized.

You mean like how people hate Roman Polanski and Woody Allen and stigmatized their work for the fucked up shit they did?

Is it honestly a socially 'cool' thing to be a wrestling fan as things are? IF Vince goes down, fine, let Hunter take over and book Raw the way he books NXT. Wrestling will be better for it.

Fuck all the 'but its fake' haters and their moronic thinking if they can't seperate the WWE and the (potential) criminal who runs it.

Wrestling is becoming an accepted part of "nerd" culture, which is probably the best we can do.

And yes, there are a sizable number of people who won't watch Polanski or Allen films. 

Your right, I keep forgetting the publicly traded part. That and the SJW's are more powerful than they were even in 2007. I wonder how WWE would try to work around a public suspension. . . .

Holy shit, people taking issue with *murder* being referred to as SJWs is a new low.

• Like 2

Holy shit, people taking issue with *murder* being referred to as SJWs is a new low.

I don't mean murder is a SJW issue. More that there is significant crossover in the venn diagram between those who will protest WWE and the SJW community. Sure Snuka is a piece of shit who will rot in hell for the murder, and likely Vince as well for what his role in the case was. But your average person will hear this, and think its fucked up, but won't care enough to protest. The people that will(and there will be some, I'm sure) are likely active in other internet protests as well. Those I will concede I was likely loose in using the term.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/96-wwe-news/44363-wwe-severs-ties-with-jimmy-snuka

On Wednesday, WWE suspended the Legends contract of Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka and began removing him from WWE.com. The process included removing his profile from the Hall of Fame section.

On Tuesday, the 72-year-old Snuka, one of the most popular pro wrestlers of the 1980s, was charged with third degree murder and involuntary manslaughter in the 1983 death of Nancy Argentino, someone he traveled the Northeast with during the last year of WWF as a Northeast territory.

He posted $100,000 bail. One of his lawyers said Wednesday that Snuka isn't fit to stand trial due to years of abuse in the ring.

Removing Snuka falls in line with a precedent WWE set recently when Hulk Hogan's racist comments on the infamous sex tape were released. Hogan's WWE contract was terminated, and he was removed from WWE.com. 

Anybody thinking this will have any blowback on Vince is kidding themselves. It's a 30 year old story. Vince will say, if anything at all, that his involvement was minimal, the actions of a concerned employer, and that how the local PD mishandled things is their business. He won't have to say even that much, as McDevitt and PR people will handle it.

It's potentially obstruction of justice, but the statute of limitations ran out 30 years ago.

I'm not a lawyer, but doesn't all that not go away because it's related to a murder case? I mean I really doubt they'd go after it because it's a 30 year old crime, but it's Vince.

TBH, it's hard enough to convict an old rich billionaire of anything these days.

Throw in the fact that the case is 30 years old and the SOL has probably run out on most of the things you could charge him with...yeah, Vince is going to be fine. A prosecutor will just settle for nailing Snuka and probably not want to deal with the shit of going after someone as powerful and wealthy Vince.   

Picking your battles, you know?