DVDVR Message Board

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka to be charged with murder

As for the SJW labeling. I was calling no one here that name, nor referring to anyone else who would have been offended by a brutal murder. But, lets face it, considering the amount of death that has occurred in wrestling, for Vince to face consequences for actions that may or may not have taken place during a police interview thirty plus years ago it going to take a lot more than just disgruntled fans to light that fire. It would take an internet firestorm caused by people usually labeled "SJW" or other terms. Again I was lazy invoking the term, and if I offended anyone I apologize.

No one took issue because you were personally attacking them or because you were lazy. The term "SJW" itself is a term of derision that mocks people that care about issues like racism and sexism. The term itself is bullshit. It's nothing like the damn Tea Party - they named themselves.

The term goes beyond deriding people who care about these things.  It accuses these people of disingenuousness; calling someone a "SJW" is accusing them of just taking a stance for attention or validation and not really caring about the issue at hand.  Accusing someone you disagree with of being fake in their beliefs is just the worst, most lazy cop-out.

• Like 1

The term goes beyond deriding people who care about these things.  It accuses these people of disingenuousness; calling someone a "SJW" is accusing them of just taking a stance for attention or validation and not really caring about the issue at hand.  Accusing someone you disagree with of being fake in their beliefs is just the worst, most lazy cop-out.

I don't think it's that their beliefs are considered "fake" as in "disingenuous".  Moreso that they're misguided, lacking perspective, and so overwhelmed with a misplaced sense of self-righteous preening as to be worthy of naught but mockery.  Perhaps they all need to check their privilege.

• Like 3

Perhaps they all need to check their privilege.

Anytime you're making a sweeping generality which boils down to "those people are all alike" (especially in a negative way) your chances of being statistically accurate are pretty slim.
  • Like 1

Perhaps they all need to check their privilege.

Anytime you're making a sweeping generality which boils down to "those people are all alike" (especially in a negative way) your chances of being statistically accurate are pretty slim.

Yes, well, you know how we white cisgendered males are. 

• Like 1

So going back to Snuka, if you subscribe to WO I highly encourage you to read the newsletter on Snuka.  This is by no means an isolated incident when it comes to Snuka beating up women.  He did that with his ex-wife as well.  He's 70 with a recoverable cancer, fine.  But that doesn't hide the fact that he is one ginormous piece of shit.  It also answered my question of who knew about the incident 32 years ago and what the reaction was.  Sadly, aside from some people at one show there was nothing much to it.

So when WWE removes people from the website (Hogan, Snuka) does this mean the HOF status has been revoked? In Hogan's case he is gulity and I am not sure why he isn't scrubbed from the books if they are going so far as to wipe him off the website. The same with Snuka. Either shit or get off the pot. Either REMOVE them both or just keep the website up and running with no false edits that will be put back up once the 'heat' dies down. Also, I am surprised that the Fabolous Moolah is still up there is WWE REALLY wants to play the 'moral' card.

• 1 month later...

Snuka appeared in court today, where the judge waived the preliminary hearing.  Both the prosecution and defense were in favor of the ruling.  Snuka's attorney said on local tv that Snuka wants the case to go in front of a jury quickly so that he can pass on knowing that he was cleared of the charges.  Snuka looked fairly good, fwiw.

http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-regional-lehighvalley/jimmy-superfly-snuka-trial-moving-ahead-without-preliminary-hearing/35701750

• 4 weeks later...