DVDVR Message Board

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka to be charged with murder

People acting like Vince was on his hands and knees scrubbing up blood from the carpeting is really amusing to me.

"God dammit, pal, couldn't you have done this on tile?"

I need sleep.

Fall09_Western_8.jpg

Vincent Kennedy McMahon knows how to scrub a fucking bloodstain.

Vince was The Wolf before Harvey Keitel.

Yeah, I just got home and jumped to the last post. Now I see I was beaten to The Wolf joke, damn it.

Don't be ridiculous.

If they can truly prove that Vince did know about the murder and covered it up, this could honestly be the thing that brings him down (and maybe the McMahon family).

LOL

Yeah, no. Vince, and the rest of the McMahons, will be fine.

Why you gotta crush my dreams?

Because Vince McMahon is so closely identified with pro wrestling that having him go down in something like this would also bring the entire industry down. 

Don't be ridiculous.

If they can truly prove that Vince did know about the murder and covered it up, this could honestly be the thing that brings him down (and maybe the McMahon family).

LOL

Yeah, no. Vince, and the rest of the McMahons, will be fine.

Why you gotta crush my dreams?

Because Vince McMahon is so closely identified with pro wrestling that having him go down in something like this would also bring the entire industry down. 

For a large portion of the population, Vince McMahon and WWE are pro wrestling. If Vince gets arrested and convicted for covering up a murder by a WWE wrestler, say goodbye to "I'm a wrestling fan" being socially acceptable in today's society.

It's in our best interest as wrestling fans if Vince isn't dragged into this crap. 

For a large portion of the population, Vince McMahon and WWE are pro wrestling. If Vince gets arrested and convicted for covering up a murder by a WWE wrestler, say goodbye to "I'm a wrestling fan" being socially acceptable in today's society.

It's in our best interest as wrestling fans if Vince isn't dragged into this crap.

I see what you're saying and don't disagree, but saying that Vince would be "dragged" into anything is being more than a little generous - he was supposedly part of a conspiracy to cover up a murder. If he gets in trouble, he deserves it.

Yeah, that was bad phrasing.

If it's found that Vince had anything (illegal) to do with the coverup and he's even indicted for it, the American pro wrestling scene would be fucked or at least heavily socially stigmatized.

I don't think that would be the worst thing, really.  Wrestling would come back, but on a smaller, more regional level with a stronger online presence.  We'd see something more akin to the territorial days, but presumably with less lawlessness in our modern age of communication.  I think the sport would be more enjoyable, and the workers offered more opportunity, if there were a dozen ROH-sized regional promotions and no WWE to cannibalize local product fanbases.  

Oh, and of course Lucha Underground every week instead of RAW, that goes without saying.  

• Like 2

Sam Sheppard was a pro wrestler.

And it's amusing that people think that it took some grand cover-up by Vince McMahon to convince police that Snuka was a mindless savage instead of them, you know, just talking to him themselves.

Sam Sheppard was a pro wrestler.

And it's amusing that people think that it took some grand cover-up by Vince McMahon to convince police that Snuka was a mindless savage instead of them, you know, just talking to him themselves.

But Snuka wouldn't reply, because he's a savage. God, aren't you listening!?!

Wrestling doesn't exactly have a pristine reputation to begin with.  It was hard to convince people otherwise if they went solely on the "Wrestling is fake" line.  Then you toss in people dying of drugs and word on concussions comes out.  And of course the Benoit situation, that took a long time to get over that one.

What makes it easier is there is a lot of good shit out there that doesn't involve WWE.  NJPW, lucha, ROH, LU if/when they come back, good local indies, there's a lot to check out.  And WWE's not going to collapse if Vince gets in trouble.  If anything it would be a blessing in disguise.  There's Steph and HHH and I feel pretty good about them taking over.  Sure they'll take a hit but they'll find a way to bounce back.

This is of course if Vince gets in trouble.  Considering it's been so long he might be fine barring any evidence.

I don't know what evidence they do or don't have, but I think it will be hard enough to get snuka, let alone go after a near billionaire like Vince. Other than maybe having his name dragged through the mud a bit, I imagine Vince will be just fine. . . .

I don't know what evidence they do or don't have, but I think it will be hard enough to get snuka, let alone go after a near billionaire like Vince. Other than maybe having his name dragged through the mud a bit, I imagine Vince will be just fine. . . .

Shareholders might not take too kindly to all the negative PR.  Aiding a murderer is, in the minds of most people, far worse than using a mean word in a private discussion.

I've never believed that the police confused Snuka with some version of his pro wrestling character (Or Kimala, more likely).  Or that they believed Snuka couldn't speak or understand English.  Even local cops generally aren't that stupid.  Snuka presumably had a social security number, paid his taxes, had a driver's license, etc.  I imagine 5 min of leg work could have debunked the "ignorant savage" story.  Maybe they should have asked Snuka's then-wife how an illiterate savage got a marriage license or cashed his paychecks.  Maybe they should have wondered how an ignorant savage figured out how to call paramedics or knew to call the girl's parents later that night.

For that matter, iirc, the interview Vince was present for was the second time police talked to Snuka.  I think they interviewed him the night Nancy died.  I assume he understood English then.

I tend to think that Vince did do something shady, either paying someone off or relying on his family name to get a favor and have the case buried.  The "lost" coroner's report ruling the case a homicide and pointing out discrepancies in the statements given to police.
'

I don't think Vince has to be charged as an accessory or something for this to be a big problem.  If the mainstream, or even the "crime drama" press decides to run with "What did he know and how long did he know it?" then they have big troubles that could force him to at least disappear from t.v. for the rest of his life.

Is the story of Snuka pretending to not speak English even documented anywhere credible? I've only seen it in "sleaze" context.

Even though no one has any reason to trust Vince, I'm sure he'll have enough plausible deniability to avoid any serious consequences.

It was mentioned here ----> http://concussioninc.net/?p=2012

Gerald Procanyn, the current supervisor of detectives, who worked on the case nine years ago, maintained that Snuka cooperated fully with investigators after being informed of his right to have a lawyer present, and was accompanied only by McMahon. Another investigator, however, saw things differently; he said Snuka invoked his naïve jungle-boy wrestler’s gimmick as a way of playing dumb. “I’ve seen that trick before,” the investigator said. “He was letting McMahon act as his mouthpiece.”

If Vince was acting as Snuka's mouthpiece during the interview wouldn't he most likely just be repeating whichever of the "she fell and hit her head" stories Snuka told him. Vince isn't a lawyer so Snuka didn't have to answer any questions the police asked him, I'm sure Vince told Snuka to keep his mouth shut and let him do the talking. That really isn't a conspiracy on Vince's end it's all on the police department for being inept.

If Vince flat out bribed people that's a different story but would any of the people he bribed admit they took whatever to make it go away and if they did it's their word against his.

I don't know what evidence they do or don't have

A fairly damning autopsy report which makes it sound like manslaughter at the very least. This woman had her head slammed into a hard surface several times in a row, plus various other wounds all over her body which looked defensive. And some various other circumstantial shit which doesn't look good, but it's the autopsy (which for some damn reason was sealed private for years) which really makes Snuka look guilty.

I've never believed that the police confused Snuka with some version of his pro wrestling character (Or Kimala, more likely).  Or that they believed Snuka couldn't speak or understand English.  Even local cops generally aren't that stupid.  Snuka presumably had a social security number, paid his taxes, had a driver's license, etc.  I imagine 5 min of leg work could have debunked the "ignorant savage" story.  Maybe they should have asked Snuka's then-wife how an illiterate savage got a marriage license or cashed his paychecks.  Maybe they should have wondered how an ignorant savage figured out how to call paramedics or knew to call the girl's parents later that night.

That's one bit of method acting in Snuka's favor: he WAS illiterate. Couldn't read. (Which doesn't mean he couldn't memorize numbers, which is much easier to do than learning language.) There's countless old stories about Jimmy always needing to be instructed verbally on where to go and what to do for his schedule, rather than in writing like the rest of the boys. I'd imagine that the office took care of all his taxes and business stuff.

Prosecutor: "Hey, maybe we should investigate Vince's role in this case? There could be possible charges to be filed against him here."

*Vince sends Brock Lesnar to stand outside the courtroom and scowl threateningly while Heyman cuts promos about DAs who need stop over-reaching for their own good*.

Prosecutor: "Actually, let's just forget it and focus on Jimmy Snuka."

• Like 1

Ok, someone needs to explain to me how being illiterate can possibly = not capable of bashing a woman's head in.  Again, on the face of it, it sounds ridiculous.  You don't need to be able to read to hit someone with an object (based on the autopsy report, Nancy was killed by a blow from some sort of object, and had bruises and cuts consistent with being struck several times).  It could be the cops thought Snuka wasn't competent, but that's a determination for a judge to make - usually after the subject is examined by a medical professional.  Even if you are incompetent to stand trial, you are subjected to some punishment.  You don't get to walk away a free man just because you are not competent.

I doubt Vince has anything to worry about legally.  The statue of limitations has run out on most potential charges, and charges that could be brought would be difficult to prove or don't appear to be supported by the facts.  Even if Vince misled police in an interview, it would have to be proven that he knew what he was saying was a lie.  Otherwise, his defense is simply that he repeated what Snuka told him and had no reason to think Snuka was lying to him.

Public relations fallout could be another matter, but odds are Vince doesn't suffer a hit here.

Ok, someone needs to explain to me how being illiterate can possibly = not capable of bashing a woman's head in.

Of course it doesn't. But being shoot illiterate probably made it a lot easier for him to play the dumb savage and let Vince do all the talking.