DVDVR Message Board

Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka to be charged with murder

http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-jimmy-snuka-grand-jury-announcement-20150901-story.html

Wrestling legend Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka is being charged with third-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter for the death of his girlfriend more than 32 years ago in an assault at an Allentown area motel, Lehigh County authorities said.

The charges were announced at a news conference Tuesday afternoon.

Snuka, 72, was arrested Tuesday morning at his New Jersey home and arraigned at 1:50 p.m. from the Lehigh County Central Booking Center. He was sent to county jail under $100,000 bail.

Of course Snuka managed to avoid being charged during the original investigation because of the legal and tactical support provided by Vince McMahon, who wanted to protect his star attraction.  Just something to remember when the WWE insists Hulk Hogan has to be scrubbed from history because of his thoughtcrime.

• Like 3

If they can truly prove that Vince did know about the murder and covered it up, this could honestly be the thing that brings him down (and maybe the McMahon family).

Time for Cesaro to grab the ring and prove how professional he really is?

Shit..... this is gonna end up with Cesaro taking the fall and serving jail time, isn't it?

• Like 1

Hot damn, first Hogan gets caught and now Snuka's been charged.  Damn, with all that time Piper was heeling on them turns out they were the biggest jerks of all.

I would imagine Vince would get hit in some way with obstruction of justice.  Yeah, Jerry McDevitt will work his magic to make the punishment as minimal as possible.  But this can still hurt a lot with shareholders if it all goes to hell.

• Like 1

If they can truly prove that Vince did know about the murder and covered it up, this could honestly be the thing that brings him down (and maybe the McMahon family).

LOL

Yeah, no. Vince, and the rest of the McMahons, will be fine.

LOL

Vince attended an official meeting with Snuka. If the idiot investigators believed Vince, that was on them. It's not like Vince helped hide the body or anything.

Hot damn, first Hogan gets caught and now Snuka's been charged. Damn, with all that time Piper was heeling on them turns out they were the biggest jerks of all.

There's pretty much zero equivalence between murdering someone and saying a bad word.

Point taken, was a dumb post in hindsight.

I do remember when hearing about it around 2005 or so. Always felt that was true and just didn't think much of it. So when I read the case was re-opened it was only a mayer of time before he would get charged. Guess we'll see how bad he gets it and if Vince can find a way out of any punishment. Given Snuka's supposed financial woes he's going to have a tough time for sure.

LOL

Why you gotta crush my dreams?

LOL

Why you gotta crush my dreams?

Because Vince McMahon is so closely identified with pro wrestling that having him go down in something like this would also bring the entire industry down. 

I can't remember where I read this, but didn't Vince pretty much do all the talking with Jimmy while Jimmy pretended he didn't fully understand english? There are no records of the conversation Vince had, but I would say he definitely worked his carny magic that day. No idea, but yeah...this will be very interesting to see through.

People acting like Vince was on his hands and knees scrubbing up blood from the carpeting is really amusing to me.

"God dammit, pal, couldn't you have done this on tile?"

I need sleep.

Fall09_Western_8.jpg

Vincent Kennedy McMahon knows how to scrub a fucking bloodstain.

• Like 4

Time for Cesaro to grab the ring and prove how professional he really is?

Shit..... this is gonna end up with Cesaro taking the fall and serving jail time, isn't it?

No, it's gonna end up with Steen serving jail time because he's portly. #blamekevindunn

• Like 1