DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 TV THREAD

RIPPA

@carlreiner:

In watching the Emmy Awards I felt the same thrill I felt viewing the Oscars when, in the Memoriam, Carl Reiner was not mentioned.

Don Rickles would have tweeted that but he couldn't think of an angle that included 2 Jews and a Puerto Rican in under 140 characters.

My big complaint was that in the "shows that ended" they showed literal minutes of Letterman, Colbert, Stewart and I think if you actually timed it, about 0.34 seconds of Craig Ferguson who was the best late-night host of the last, what ten years?

I also would have liked to have seen Geoff the Robot in the in Memoriam.

• Like 1

Watching Tracy Morgan stand among the cast/crew of GAME OF THRONES during their acceptance speech, all I can think of is how much better GAME OF THRONES would be if Tracy Morgan was in it.

He could be Salladhor Saan's first mate! And he could play every scene like Astronaut Jones!

"I am Melisandre, priestess of R'hollor, the Lord of Light, and the one true god."

Uh-huh.

"The night is dark and full of terrors."

Right.

"I serve Stannis Baratheon, the one true king, wielder of Lighbringer, and the prince that was promised."

Word.

"A darkness is coming to swallow the dawn."

So when you gonna drop that red cloak and show me that fat ass?

• Like 3

How the FUCK did Mary Rylance not win for Wolf Hall?!!??!!??

Happy that Reg E. Cathey won Best Guest Actor in a Drama.  Square One TV representing!

You can also see some croneyism with the SNL 40th Anniversary Special winning "Best Special" instead of Louis C.K. Live at the Comedy Store.

• Like 1

Hmmm... I didn't realize how much programming I had to choose from tonight.

Ignoring RAW, MNF and the Yankees - I still have the Voice (Fuck You) and I am interested in both Blind Spot and Minority Report.

Hopefully Minority Report will be OnDemand as that is the one I had to sacrifice ignoring for now

Hmmm... I didn't realize how much programming I had to choose from tonight.

Ignoring RAW, MNF and the Yankees - I still have the Voice (Fuck You) and I am interested in both Blind Spot and Minority Report.

Hopefully Minority Report will be OnDemand as that is the one I had to sacrifice ignoring for now

Good thing CMLL comes on after you are in bed. :)

Hamm should've won that award in 2011 for Season 4 of Mad Men IMO - that was an acting masterclass from him

I am trying to avoid calling this year's award a sympathy Emmy but that is what it was.  He should've won in 2011.

So Blindspot is basically Planescape: Torment.

It has already been accused of being the low grade love child of The Bourne Identity and Memento.  I tend to agree.

Trying to throw us off the trail by making the protagonist a female did not work.

The protagonist is a nude Jaimie Alexander.

The show can be a rip-off of whatever the fuck it wants to be.

Sure, if you're into heavily tattooed chicks.....

Couldn't sleep last night so watched Gotham off OnDemand a bit ago.  Didn't grab me.  I liked what I saw of season one but I never became a regular watcher.  I missed a chunk of the midseason altogether and watched the last few eps in early Sept.  Kinda on the fence about the serues as a whole.  The S2 premiere was fairly average.  Not sure how I feel about Gordon getting in deeper with Penguin or Barbara going full-on psycho.  Those ideas seem way out of whack with who I feel like the characters are, even within the framework of this tv-verse.  The show already seems like it's already made some choices with characters that will be impossible to walk back when they eventually try to transition the tv versions closer to the characters we're familiar with.

Blindspot premiere was fairly average also.  Characters weren't developed well, and the plot was fairly standard action-thriller fare.  Setup doesn't really interest me.  I'll give it a few weeks but I'm already thinking of dropping it unless it picks up a lot.

So, Blindspot was ok, but it needs more development.  I'll give it a few weeks.

Dug Minority Report way more than I thought I would.  Nice first episode.  But its on Fox, so I expect it'll be cancelled no matter what.