DVDVR Message Board

2013: UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/RUMORS/ETC

Dolfan in NYC

I dunno. Groundhog Day is a whole movie built around the video game premise of the reset switch where you start the level over but still remember which platform you fell off of in the first place. So adding in "like a video game but Groundhog Day" isn't that big a stretch to me since that's sort of an announcement from The Department of Redundancy Department.

I would be completely embarrassed to go to a theater and ask for tickets to a movie called "All You Need Is Kill". I wouldn't be able to bring myself to utter that name, not that I'll be seeing it anyway, but that title is awful. It sounds like a parody movie title you'd get on The Critic or something.

I would be completely embarrassed to go to a theater and ask for tickets to a movie called "All You Need Is Kill". I wouldn't be able to bring myself to utter that name, not that I'll be seeing it anyway, but that title is awful. It sounds like a parody movie title you'd get on The Critic or something.

I haven't asked for a ticket to anything in years

FSW was broken physically, and mentally by the board being down so long. While he recovers I'll be taking over the Fat-mantle for now until he can make a full-time return. Who knows maybe I'll do just as good of a job as him, maybe even surpass him.  

I watched The World’s End (2013) yesterday with my Dad about friends meeting up for a pub crawl twenty years after failing to finish it. Initial reaction is that it’s the weakest of the Cornetto trilogy and the least funny. I still really liked it and laughed at it but I do think it’s a film you need to watch again and see what you think of it with another viewing. I’ll do that when it’s released on DVD.

Being the final movie in this supposed trilogy, it's only proper that it be a bit melancholy.  Can't wait for it's US release!

It is more than the other two. That didn't bother me. I think it's one of those films where a repeat viewing is needed.