DVDVR Message Board

2013: UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/RUMORS/ETC

Dolfan in NYC

So is this a straight up Sci-Fi movie, or is this one of those Sci-Fi movies that takes place in a one horse town like Phenomenon, or Powder.

Former. They just wrapped filming not too long ago so this is the teaser BEFORE an actual teaser.

Words can't express how much I hated the first one.  Just thought it was so clever, Jonah was playing Jonah for the 30372nd time, obvious villain, poor action scenes.  

And then it was a hit.  

God I hate people. 

So is this a straight up Sci-Fi movie, or is this one of those Sci-Fi movies that take place in a one horse town like Phenomenon, and Powder?

Speaking of movies I have an unreasonable amount of love for, Phenomenon definitely falls into that category.  I dunno, there's just something about it that really, really clicks for me.

Yeah, if any one movie made me like Channing Tatum, it was 21 Jump Street. More specifically, the scene where he and Jonah Hill are high as fuck and they run into the gym teacher, played by the fantastic Rob Riggle.

I loved that the popular high school cool kids in 21 Jump Street were the environmentally friendly, socially conscious crowd. 

I didn't think Channing Tatum had comedic chops but he was the MVP of the film.

Admittedly, my expectations were extremely low for the remake and it probably didn't need a sequel, but the remake was way better than it had any right to be, imo.

• Like 2

Best performance by a bad actor would be an interesting discussion.

I'd vote for Denise Richards in Drop Dead Gorgeous. That woman has been flat out embarrassing in virtually everything she has ever done, but she's shockingly great here.

Best performance by a bad actor would be an interesting discussion.

I'd vote for Denise Richards in Drop Dead Gorgeous. That woman has been flat out embarrassing in virtually everything she has ever done, but she's shockingly great here.

Since one of his movies was mentioned in Movie Comment Thread recently, how do you count people like Travolta who had a long career but have gotten progressively worse by the year?

Travolta has (or at least had) a weird kind of charisma that really carried him for a lot of his career.

Grease, SNF, Pulp Fiction, Get Shorty, Face/Off...  There's enough Travolta I really like that I can't consider him in this discussion, personally.

Forget Battlefield Earth. Travolta in the Pelham remake may be the single worst acting job by an individual I have ever seen. I feel that the Travolta from Pulp Fiction should be considered a totally different human being than the one from the last nineteen years.

I didn't watch the Pelham remake.

In fact, I'm not sure what the last Travolta movie I actually watched was.  Basic, maybe?

I just watched the Pelham remake a week ago because I was going over Tony Scott movies. Poor Denzel had to carry John Travolta AND Marc Anthony on his back through two movies.

Anyway, I purposefully avoid Travolta's movies like the plague.