DVDVR Message Board

2013: UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/RUMORS/ETC

Dolfan in NYC

Not sure if its an urban legend or not but didn't the Broderick Godzilla go by a different name in Japan because they refused to acknowledge it was really Godzilla?

I do know Toho released a Godzilla movie called Final War (that starred DON FRYE!) where the real Godzilla did a HHH-style squash of a creature that looked exactly like Broderick Godzilla as an F-U to that horrible movie.

Not sure if its an urban legend or not but didn't the Broderick Godzilla go by a different name in Japan because they refused to acknowledge it was really Godzilla?

I do know Toho released a Godzilla movie called Final War (that starred DON FRYE!) where the real Godzilla did a HHH-style squash of a creature that looked exactly like Broderick Godzilla as an F-U to that horrible movie.

And then Frye crushed them both using only the awesome power of his mustache, right?

Oh it's not that, I just get annoyed by everyone trumpeting the massively long periods of time without cuts when it's so much easier to do when everything is virtual.

It's almost the inverse of the argument about the ending of MOS, where the writers tried for an impossible situation, but came up short because Superman can do anything, now CG can do anything but people still treat things that are hard to do with practical effects as amazing feats when done with it.

We'll have to buy Natural front-row tickets to the movie so he can cheer wildly as Shia gets the snot knocked out of him.  :lol:

Hey, it's the other kid from Harry Potter!  Good to see him.

That reminds me - apparently Rupert Grint (the "kid from Harry Potter") had a pilot that CBS didn't pick up but critics loved so CBS put it up on their website for folks to see.

EDIT - And it had Stephen Fry in it! Okay I should probably watch it