DVDVR Message Board

2013: UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/RUMORS/ETC

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah, it doesn't look bad, just the complete tonal opposite of what I'd expect of a movie titled "Need For Speed." I mean, I haven't played a game in that series in probably a dozen years, so maybe they've evolved into something gritty and noir-ish and this is completely in keeping with that, but I was just expecting something a little more in line with the F&F franchise, not "Breaking Bad with badass cars."

It's also entirely possible that the trailer was cut that way and released this week specifically to ride the current wave of Breaking Bad hysteria.

They gave someone $75 million and that person came up with Jesse Pinkman, Kid Cudi, Michael Keaton, and Tony Stark's dad as a cast. God bless him.

Expensive actors or expensive cars.  I know which one I'd choose.

That's kinda my point. The studio hit the random name generator and spent all the money on the action sequences and props.

Am I the only one pumped for RUSH?

Nope. I am going to see that and Prisoners this week. The closest theater showing Rush is almost two hours away (because I live in a shitty state). I'm looking forward to that more.

Trying to figure out which movies I'm going to see at the Chicago International Film Festival in a couple of weeks. So I'll probably share some trailers of what looks good. This is one of the first ones to catch my eye.

• Like 1

Winner of the Cannes Film Festival Palme d'Or:

Note the rating.  

The NC-17 is because the movie features a 10 minute long (possibly unsimulated) graphic lesbian sex scene. One that technically constitutes statutory, since one of them is supposed to be 20 and the other 15.But they're both girls... so it's okay.

It's also on my list for stuff I'd like to see at the fest. But man it seems to be running into a lot of problems after winning.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/outward/2013/09/25/blue_is_the_warmest_color_meltdown_is_homophobia_a_factor.html

I don't buy the homophobia spin, because that just feels like something to attract clicks. But the other stuff mentioned is interesting.

The NC-17 is because the movie features a 10 minute long (possibly unsimulated) graphic lesbian sex scene. One that technically constitutes statutory, since one of them is supposed to be 20 and the other 15.But they're both girls... so it's okay.

One of the actresses has stated that they wore body molds or something so it's not "real".  She said something like "I would never do that" when asked if it was real.

Need for Speed looks better than I thought it would be, but that has got to be some other car with a plastic Veyron body.

No way they write off million dollar cars in production, I agree. But still, it will be great to see.

Plus it means Aaron Paul will likely end up on Top Gear, which will also be great.

Need for Speed looks better than I thought it would be, but that has got to be some other car with a plastic Veyron body.

No way they write off million dollar cars in production, I agree. But still, it will be great to see.

Plus it means Aaron Paul will likely end up on Top Gear, which will also be great.

It always feels weird to drive the Veyron in Forza knowing I'll probably smash the shit out of it.

Cloudy with a Chance for Meatballs 2 was fantastic. Took the wife and babies and we were all dying laughing. Even during exposition heavy dialogue, there'd be a sight gag in the background.

I guess you can say there's an anti-Apple and pro-vegan agenda, but the movie is so cute and harmless you can't complain.

And the trailer for Rio 2 was excellent, which was unexpected.