DVDVR Message Board

Hi There! Let Us Explain

RIPPA

I've been wasting time daily at this fucking place since...2002? 2003?  I felt a little weird last week as the idea that it was gone forever started to set in.  Y'all can't be fucking with my health like that.  Where's the paypal link?  I'm about to rain a Hamilton down.  Cause I'm cheap like that.

Well, I am certainly not used to this style of forum. I can't figure out how to do a lot of things, such as disable signatures so I don't see them. Sort of making me feel like am imbecile. Also, had I checked the mainpage days ago instead of just using my bookmark to the old forums, I would have already discovered that the forums were, in fact, up and running. So now I feel like a jobber too. Good times.

EDIT: OOH, I figured it out. There's an X next to the sigs & you can "ignore all signatures." Woot.

If not can I get that title change I kept asking for on the old board?

On a board I frequented back in the day, a $5 donor would receive this privilege. Just in case the admins are looking for a way to raise cash/thank people who donate.

• Like 1

Now that we're back, how big IS the board DB and what's the average monthly bandwidth usage?*

*in case this happens again so we can shop around for new hosts for you guys.

*waits to be blown away by the numbers*

Well thank fuck for that. It might have taken me about a week to discover it, but I got here in the end. Thanks, whoever mentioned it in passing on Prowrestlingonly. Much as I enjoy reading that board's in depth discussions of every wrestler who ever lived and occasional references to modern WWE, I'm totally underqualified as a wrestling savant and have no place actually posting there. Not that I post much here, especially about wrestling, but it's all about discussing everything else I enjoy with people who I already know share the invaluable human quality of loving wrestling on principle.

• Like 1

on Prowrestlingonly. Much as I enjoy reading that board's in depth discussions of every wrestler who ever lived and occasional references to modern WWE, I'm totally underqualified as a wrestling savant and have no place actually posting there. 

I know, right?  I worked in wrestling for years, picked the brains of every veteran I met, built up a collection of hundreds of tapes, did all the usual obsessive-fan stuff... and I still often feel woefully intimidated by all the stuff the PWO guys know.  In those periods where I go for a few months feeling disinterested in rassling, I don't even bother visiting that board for a while because I know it'd just frustrate me with all the stuff I should've learned and never did.  

Well, great to be back! I went a-lurking on PWO just to keep up with things (my first time really getting acquainted with that board, I should sign up) but this feels like home. Now it's time to bicker about Raw/laugh at people bickering about Raw and gab about movies again. Many thanx to Rippa and Dean for keeping the flame burning.

It took me longer than I care to admit to check the main deathvalleydriver page for a possible link to a new board, instead of my Pavlovian ritual of trying the old bookmark to the main forum page and hoping against gradually dwindling hope that it would be back up.

Gonna enjoy watching things start anew.

I'm glad the site is back but I feel completely incapable of finishing ranking the AWA set now that the 80s folder is gone

The 80's forum should return, and I anxiously await the Portland and Crockett sets.