DVDVR Message Board

SEPTEMBER 2015 ANIMATED GIFS

The Natural

Weird watching, knowing all the head trauma probably led to him committing suicide. 

And if by "weird" you mean "sad and awful" I'm with ya.

I'm a HUGE 70's/80's/90's AJPW fan but watching the 90's progress into the orgy of head drops it became and knowing how Misawa's story ended makes me feel like a terrible person.

Weird watching, knowing all the head trauma probably led to him committing suicide. 

I know there's more awareness of concussions and long-term brain damage than there was back then, but did anyone really watch ECW matches back in the 90's (or AJPW or WWE with it's chairshots) and think all these unprotected head drops would somehow be good for the guys' health?

I know there's more awareness of concussions and long-term brain damage than there was back then, but did anyone really watch ECW matches back in the 90's (or AJPW or WWE with it's chairshots) and think all these unprotected head drops would somehow be good for the guys' health?

Heyman or Raven said something to the effect of they had no idea that getting hit in the head with unprotected chair shots would he bad for you. Probably Raven.

Heyman or Raven said something to the effect of they had no idea that getting hit in the head with unprotected chair shots would he bad for you. Probably Raven.

The biggest bullshit argument of all time is that people didn't know that head trauma was bad for people.  My grandfather, who was born in 1921, told me a story about him taking up boxing as a teenager.  He got pretty good, turned pro and won his first three fights by knockout, then abruptly quit.  The trainer asked him why he quit, and he said "I'm not going to spend the rest of my life getting hit in the head."  My grandfather is not a doctor, he only has a high school education.  He knew as a teenager that getting hit in the head repeatedly was bad for him.  It is kind of just common sense.