DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - SEPT/OCT

Dolfan in NYC

I envision Bartolo's head playing blernsball in the year 3000 like Futurama. As for Harvey, boy does he look terrible. He is being eviscerated in the tabloids and justifiably so. Best suggestion so far is to have him do one more start then put him in the bullpen as the 7th inning guy.

Presumably "dork knight" headlines

At the Yankees game thanks to a $12 ticket on StubHub. What's better than going to a ballgame on the unofficial last Sunday of summer? Best part is that I earned a fan reward coupon that will pay for a Mets-Fish game next week.

• Like 1

At the Yankees game thanks to a $12 ticket on StubHub. What's better than going to a ballgame on the unofficial last Sunday of summer? Best part is that I earned a fan reward coupon that will pay for a Mets-Fish game next week.

Stubhub is great. I paid $54, including surcharges for two tickets for Jorge Posada day, and I got to see Luis Severino's first big league win.

Kris Bryant cranked a 495 ft. homer today. Longest one this year. Glenallen Hill is on notice.

That Glenallen Hill HR is burned into my brain, what a fucking mammoth shot that was. I get the feeling Bryant's shot today will take up similar residence in my head.

Some are saying this is much ado about nothing, and that there was just some miscommunication or something. I think it's pretty clear it was a misplay by Boras/Harvey, and they were not expecting the huge backlash he (In my opinion, rightfully) got. I have no problems with innings limits (mostly), but to be upset when they'd pull him from games early, resist 6 man rotations and all that bullshit and then NOW go "I was only supposed to go 180 innings this year, right?" was giant giant bullshit.

• Like 1

I marvel at how Buck Martinez manages to restrain himself from smacking Pat Tabler, when he constantly repeats what Buck says immediately after he says it. I used to hate Buck when he was a colour commentator, but have become a decent fan of his since he took over play by play a few seasons ago.

Way to stick with your team, lol.

The two biggest collapses in baseball history do wonders for your psychie. Not to mention that if they fail I'm out $80 in fees for my tickets so it's easy to think the cosmos are fucking with me. I just feel like I'm watching a horror movie.

It's one game. If they get swept, sure, start to panic.

Haven't they won a World Series in your lifetime? How bad can it be?

At this point I am convinced that some Mets fan made a deal with Satan where we would win in 86 and never win again. In my entire 38 years on this planet it's the only championship from a team in the big 4 sports I've ever been able to celebrate ( my other teams are Whalers/Sabres, Knicks, Bengals and Metro/RB so it's pretty much neverending failure. Ticats won in 99 but that's CFL).

Dear Wilpons, please give Cespedis a blank check immediately after the final out of the World Series is made and we will take back all the horrible things we've said about you.

Regards,

Mets Fans

• Like 1