DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - SEPT/OCT

Dolfan in NYC

This is the stupidest OUTRAGE incident of the season, because I've seen three different hot takes coming from it - anti-fan, sexist, and anti-young fan.

Here's an idea - get the sticks out of your ass and move along to an incident that's actually important.

• Like 2

I don't see how it could be anti-fan. I've been to concerts, wrestling events, baseball games, football games..   there are so many people into their phones, it makes for a very weird atmosphere. People are there but not really there. Not really enjoying what they paid to see. I don't get it but if they want to do that all night good for them I guess.

I was there! After 32 years of going to games I've finally seen a no hitter in person. Dissapointed we lost but home field was already a moot point after this afternoon.

• Like 1

People are forgetting just how great Harvey was tonight. 6 innings giving up an unearned run and 4 hits while striking out 11. In fact the combined 35 strikeouts tonight were the most ever in a 9 inning game. I think you can make a case that this was the greatest pitched game ever. Some are noting that Scherzer faced the Mets B squad but really he was so great tonight that if he were facing the Gashouse Gorrilas the result would've been exactly the same.

People are forgetting just how great Harvey was tonight. 6 innings giving up an unearned run and 4 hits while striking out 11. In fact the combined 35 strikeouts tonight were the most ever in a 9 inning game. I think you can make a case that this was the greatest pitched game ever. Some are noting that Scherzer faced the Mets B squad but really he was so great tonight that if he were facing the Gashouse Gorrilas the result would've been exactly the same.

Two that were better:

- Spahn and Marichal both throwing complete games in a 1-0 16-inning game

- Koufax throwing a perfect game to beat Bob Hendley, who threw a 1-hitter

The examples you guys bring up are fair points, but I think that the fact you have to go back half a century to find them speaks to how incredible what I saw last night was. Also you need to factor in that the game has completely changed which makes comparison almost an apples to oranges thing.

This is the stupidest OUTRAGE incident of the season, because I've seen three different hot takes coming from it - anti-fan, sexist, and anti-young fan.

Here's an idea - get the sticks out of your ass and move along to an incident that's actually important.

Just revisiting this a sec.  The Diamondbacks offered the girls game tickets so they could, I guess watch the game they missed.

The horrible girls who decided to take selfies during the game because "millenials suck" and all that, asked the D'backs to give the free tickets to domestic violence survivor charities.  

• Like 1

Reports are that Mark Buehrle will throw two innings for the Jays today and then retire after the game (since he wasn't going to be on the postseason roster)

Seems premature, since he might not make the DS roster, but could be useful in CS or WS if they get there, since they can change between each series.

Just revisiting this a sec.  The Diamondbacks offered the girls game tickets so they could, I guess watch the game they missed.

The horrible girls who decided to take selfies during the game because "millenials suck" and all that, asked the D'backs to give the free tickets to domestic violence survivor charities.  

Why do we have to take such extremes? That was just a ridiculous amount of selfie taking. They had no idea what was going on in the baseball game. That doesn't mean they suck. That doesn't mean women or girls aren't good baseball fans. It doesn't mean young people aren't proper fans either. It just means they were incredibly preoccupied making duck faces in front of their phones instead of watching a game. It was funny. If it were a bunch of young men or boys doing it, it would be just the same. If there are older people who do that shit too, it would be even funnier. I'm about as left leaning as there is (I think I broke the vote compass deal on CBC's website) but this is such a non-story.

Good for them for giving their tickets to people who could use a good time though.

It boils down to every generation lacking the introspection to realize that they were just as self involved when that age. It's not a 'millennial' thing or an internet age thing. It's a people in their early twenties have been awful forever thing, but we somehow have been convinced this is a new thing.

People of all ages do things that I find funny.  I do things that other people find funny or stupid. Like right now, someone is reading this and saying Niners is a moron. I'm okay with that. I do think the internet/technology has changed the ability for some to interact with others in a social setting.

Reports are that Mark Buehrle will throw two innings for the Jays today and then retire after the game (since he wasn't going to be on the postseason roster)

Seems premature, since he might not make the DS roster, but could be useful in CS or WS if they get there, since they can change between each series.

It is currently 7-0 Tampa with 2 outs in the first, we wish Mark Buehrle well in all his future endeavours.