DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - SEPT/OCT

Dolfan in NYC

He should take out the key players now, as it's not even close.

If this score should hold up, they'll have two games on the Royals. I was so wrong thinking back in July that even the acquisitions of Tulowitzki and Price wouldn't be enough to help the Jays catch the Yankees. Damn, this is impressive.

Even getting a guy like Revere helped.  Tightening up a real shitty defense was invaluable.  Not having to put guys like Collabello, Carerra, Valencia etc out in the field did wonders.  Nothing against Jose Reyes but you knew he was going to boot one or bounce a throw in the 9th inning.  This team pretty damn close to the 92-93 teams defensively

Apparently 3 of those 8 Jays runs came on essentially an 3-run inside-the-park home run, with two throwing errors on the same play by the Orioles.  (I know it's not an HR given the errors, but not sure what it's supposed to be called)

Little League Home Run?

Apparently 3 of those 8 Jays runs came on essentially an 3-run inside-the-park home run, with two throwing errors on the same play by the Orioles.  (I know it's not an HR given the errors, but not sure what it's supposed to be called)

Little League Home Run?

It used to be called "playing the Mets" but apparently that's not de rigueur this year.

• Like 3

Cespedes exits after HBP to left hand / wrist. That's a bummer, I hope he is ok. He's been such a big piece of why they clipped WAS, it would be a shame if he had to miss any part of the postseason.

Edited by grilledcheese

My favorite part of the celebration was when they went back out on the field for a team picture, and the Baltimore grounds crew was telling them to get off the field, they started chanting "bush party".

Noon start time in Baltimore tomorrow. Sober Jays players tomorrow? Good luck with that.

• Like 1

ImkqxxW.gif

"Washington? San Francisco? Fine.  Who's is it this year?   Ahhhhh...the younglings!"

Clayton%2BKershaw%2BLos%2BAngeles%2BDodg

Motherfuckas act like they forgot about Clay...

We kind of did.  Let me look him up. 

Oh, yeah...this guy:

Kershaw dropped to 1-5 with a 5.12 ERA in 11 postseason games. He has lost four straight starts to St. Louis over the past two postseasons.

I'm just saying that Pittsburgh, the Mets, and the Cubbies making the playoffs is all well and good, but it's going to come down to St. Louis and LA, and the empire didn't win in the end.

Cubs are going to sweep the Yankees only to have to forfeit it due to the entire team failing for Steroidonol, a new seemingly legal supplement supplied by Nick Hundley via nefarious means.

Watching the Blue Jays b-team feels an awful lot like watching Mike Rotundo and Big Bubber with Virgil as their manager come out to nWo b-team theme and get thoroughly beaten by WCW midcarders. Looks like we're in for a lengthy rain delay.

• Like 3

Watching the Blue Jays b-team feels an awful lot like watching Mike Rotundo and Big Bubber with Virgil as their manager come out to nWo b-team theme and get thoroughly beaten by WCW midcarders. Looks like we're in for a lengthy rain delay.

Mike Enos and Wayne Bloom, defending the turf.

Now taking the field, your 2015 AL East Champion Toronto Blue Jays!

[in retrospect I actually remember this tune more fondly than the main one]