DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - SEPT/OCT

Dolfan in NYC

Are the voters for MLB awards mostly still just looking at traditional stats? Arrieta and Kershaw should be getting serious looks for the NL Cy Young but Greinke's ERA will probably stop that from happening if it works how I think it works.

NL Cy is anyone's best guess between those three. There really isn't a "wrong" choice.

Absolutely correct. Arrieta might have a better shot at it than people think, and I think he is having the perfect year to get both schools of thought on his side. Gaudy W-L record, ERA that is straight ridiculous, and FIP and xFIP numbers that are well below the threshold that Fangraphs holds as "excellent". K/9 and BB/9 are also pretty great, and he is holding opponents to a BABIP of .248.

The fucking kid can go.

NL Cy is anyone's best guess between those three. There really isn't a "wrong" choice.

Exactly.

If you're REALLY looking to differentiate, Greinke has been more consistent. Greinke's ERA all year has never been above 2.00. Jake's has been for half the year. Kershaw has never been under 2.00 the entire season.

He should take out the key players now, as it's not even close.

If this score should hold up, they'll have two games on the Royals. I was so wrong thinking back in July that even the acquisitions of Tulowitzki and Price wouldn't be enough to help the Jays catch the Yankees. Damn, this is impressive.

Apparently 3 of those 8 Jays runs came on essentially an 3-run inside-the-park home run, with two throwing errors on the same play by the Orioles. (I know it's not an HR given the errors, but not sure what it's supposed to be called)

It's actually not even a hit. The hitter would have been out at first but for the first error, so no hit at all. So the hitter gets an 0 for 1 for the AB with an ROE (reached on error).