DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - SEPT/OCT

Dolfan in NYC

Piscotty or at least his twitter account is tweeting that he has no spine of "ct scan injury" which I assume means "brain" injury.

So I think it's safe to go ahead an hope that he shows up for the playoffs with a heel-style face mask that has a sign-stealing camera embedded in it.

dave-parker+hockey+mask.jpg

• Like 1

The craziest thing about Parker wearing the mask is that he only missed like 10 or 11 games!

And Kent Tekulve is perhaps the best-looking baseball player ever. The glasses plus the submarine style delivery really did it for me. 

Topps made a bunch of weird merch last year celebrating WS winners, and this was my favorite piece of the bunch:

BtAV4jnCIAAsIuD.png

The craziest thing about Parker wearing the mask is that he only missed like 10 or 11 games!

And Kent Tekulve is perhaps the best-looking baseball player ever. The glasses plus the submarine style delivery really did it for me. 

Topps made a bunch of weird merch last year celebrating WS winners, and this was my favorite piece of the bunch:

No Mas used to have an awesome Tekulve silhouette shirt, wish I'd bought it.

The best thing is that the older Tekulve gets the more he looks like the old-man version of Robert Mitchum

He'll be talking about getting more mice on the TV soon enough. That cat demographic is a quick riser, dammut!

• Like 1

Watchingh the Piscotty collision in slow motion reminds me of that knee to the head on a play Trent Green took at least once, and that was with padding and a helmet. I'm shocked he wasn't killed with the force he was kneed in the head. Makes knees to the head in MMA look tame.

One of my prized possessions is a Kent Tekulve rookie card that I bought for 3 dollars. Hipsters wish they could be as cool a weirdo as that guy.

Tekulve was my favorite player as a kid. I would load up a big wad of Big League Chew gum and imitate his goofy pitching motion. I had it down - and it IS really easy on the arm.

Literally minutes after the final out in the Bronx it started to pour like a sonofabitch. Hoping against hope that it subsides as we get north and I have to walk to my appartment. Got another $9 special on StubHub for tomorrow assuming it gets played. This weekend I am planning on going to Citi Field for all 3 games but odds are good that none end up being played.