DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - SEPT/OCT

Dolfan in NYC

Also, Piranesi, you and I are at war for the next few games, we'll try not to let our crop of random rookies, backups and utility players who haven't been shut down for the season blow us out too badly, so as to not make you seem too good to your competitors. You can then pick them off when the time is right.

468401120.jpg

Everyone has their small contribution to make, my son.  The conclave graciously accepts your obsequious sacrifice.

If only some people around here would get the message as well as you have.

My team sucks and most of our starters are shutdown for the season, coming off the bench or were traded, so what else is there but to accept inevitable. You know, until they lose the WS to like the Rangers or something hilarious.

@anthonydicomo

"I love America!" Juan Uribe is shouting in the Mets clubhouse. "I love America! I love America! America makes me rich!"

And America loves him.

I was supremely disappointed in his acquisition through the first two years of his deal, but I'll be damned if he didn't bring it all together in 2013, and hitting .375 in the NLDS against ATL helped when he signed the deal after the season. I miss him quite a bit. Not so much in the lineup, because he wasn't having the most productive of years and had been pretty well replaced by Justin Turner, but I think he is a great addition and a pretty good veteran to have in a dugout and a clubhouse. 

Oh yeah, nothing but good things to say about Juan Uribe.  2010 couldn't have happened without him, and for that I'll forgive him just about anything.

It was very gracious of him to continue to Be A Good Giant by stinking it up those first couple years in L.A., too :)

Also I may have rooted just a little bit for the Dodgers in 2013 because they were the least objectionable of the 4 LCS teams, and Uribe made that a lot more bearable.

Glad he's still finding a place on contending teams, and if the Mets get past the NLDS I will not at all be surprised if one particular Juan Uribe at-bat is a big part of why.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, nothing but good things to say about Juan Uribe.  2010 couldn't have happened without him, and for that I'll forgive him just about anything.

It was very gracious of him to continue to Be A Good Giant by stinking it up those first couple years in L.A., too :)

Also I may have rooted just a little bit for the Dodgers in 2013 because they were the least objectionable of the 4 LCS teams, and Uribe made that a lot more bearable.

Glad he's still finding a place on contending teams, and if the Mets get past the NLDS I will not at all be surprised if one particular Juan Uribe at-bat is a big part of why.

Yeah, Uribe is the man. Thank god he still had the top flight defense in those first couple years, or I might have turned on him completely.

Holy shit, you are a better man than I am. SFG could be playing a team comprised entirely of Nazis and I couldn't bring myself to root for them. 

One day the Yankees & Giants will play in a WS, and my heart will break, because I would have zero reason to enjoy the Fall Classic.

Edited by grilledcheese

Considering he was pitching with it means he's tougher than us, but still not Kenta Kobashi.

Hopefully he has more common sense than Kenta Kobashi, and has the surgery.

Just for that, Holland's going to show up and machine-gun chop you until he has no feeling left below his elbow in both arms.

Strike'em out/throw'em out! Great start to the Bucs/Cubs game. And so cool that Sportsnet is showing it.

Outside of all the Jays games, what kind of baseball broadcasts does Sportsnet get? Do they show Sunday Night Baseball, or the TBS / FOX / FS1 games? Obviously, there is some assorted randomness, what with you getting the Dodgers a couple weeks ago and now PIT - CHC.

Cut the cord and now have mlb.tv, but they would always show tonnes of west coast games. It was always pretty great coming home from the restaurant at 10 or 11 and being able to chill to Vin Scully or watch Felix Hernandez pitch. They also show all the playoff games and all-star game. Usually for the World Series, they'd show the international feed. Pretty good if you didn't feel like listening to Buck a few channels over.

Sportsnet went pretty whole hog into baseball 5 or 6 years ago. Obviously the Jays are the focus, but they show lots of other games.

Sunday night game is on TSN.

Pretty sure it's Sportsnet that airs ESPN's Wednesday night baseball game too. They're airing at least one other ballgame a day outside of the Jays it seems. I think it's regional, so I get to see a lot of Dodgers, Angels, and Mariners games.

Oh yeah, nothing but good things to say about Juan Uribe. 2010 couldn't have happened without him, and for that I'll forgive him just about anything.

Yeah, Uribe is the man. Thank god he still had the top flight defense in those first couple years, or I might have turned on him completely.

Holy shit, you are a better man than I am. SFG could be playing a team comprised entirely of Nazis and I couldn't bring myself to root for them.

One day the Yankees & Giants will play in a WS, and my heart will break, because I would have zero reason to enjoy the Fall Classic.

I couldn't either. I recently went to an event in the Bay Area, and was sad because my friends wouldn't let me wear my Dodgers hat. They said we'd get in a fight.

Stupid battery chuckers.

And then Matt Williams pinch hits for Jordan Zimmermann in what will assuredly be JZ's last game so the fans don't get to give him an ovation.

Yeah - my Twitter feed is on fire and I can't stop laughing