DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - SEPT/OCT

Dolfan in NYC

A play can be legal and still be dirty, which I believe that slide was. Was he trying to hurt him? Of course not, he was trying to break up the double play (and failed, for what its worth) - but if catchers are going to be coddled, middle infielders need to be coddled in the same way.

• Like 1

Matt Holliday has a career littered with incidents like this and no one cares.

One Cub puts a good rookie out for the rest of the season and everyone loses their minds.

I kid, except about the Matt Holliday thing. Holliday has been one of the most egregious offenders of this for years and continued to do so after the catching rule changed. It's why I don't think anything will happen because there's a different perception regarding breaking up the double play than there is for blocking home plate.

A play can be legal and still be dirty, which I believe that slide was. Was he trying to hurt him? Of course not, he was trying to break up the double play (and failed, for what its worth) - but if catchers are going to be coddled, middle infielders need to be coddled in the same way.

Middle infielders get the luxury of the neighborhood play.

Coghlan came in late and a little high, and because of that Kang didn't really have an opportunity to get any weight off the leg. I would never consider that to be a dirty slide, but I can get why folks would be pissed about it. Kang has been pretty great this year, so I'm sure it feels deflating to lose him.

Matt Holliday has a career littered with incidents like this and no one cares.

Holliday has been one of the most egregious offenders of this for years and continued to do so after the catching rule changed. It's why I don't think anything will happen because there's a different perception regarding breaking up the double play than there is for blocking home plate.

Holliday is the fucking worst. Ask Marco Scutaro about Holliday's "slides". Or Starlin Castro, I've watched him eat a couple of bad ones in the last couple years.

Edited by grilledcheese

The Mets have announced they're no longer going to do the gay "joke" during the Kiss Cam segment.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/17/living/mets-kiss-cam-players-feat/index.html

ISTR the Iowa Stars (AHL) did that to the Peoria Rivermen a few years ago... only the Rivermen players actually called their bluff and kissed for real. :D

• Like 1

I love Joe Maddon.

"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball," Maddon said, fuming. "You can take that book and read it yourself because I don't give a crap about that book. I want everyone there to understand we don't start stuff but we stop stuff."

I love Joe Maddon.

"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball," Maddon said, fuming. "You can take that book and read it yourself because I don't give a crap about that book. I want everyone there to understand we don't start stuff but we stop stuff."

G9Mu0hl.gif

I love Joe Maddon.

Joe might be right but he's gotta know the Cardinals aren't going to sit by after one of their stars gets beaned in the head.