DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - SEPT/OCT

Dolfan in NYC

So, Yoenis Cespedes.

Yeah, I'd say the Wilpons need to back up the Brinks Truck. Magic Number of 14 for the Amazin's

I am going to start a gofundme to raise 180 million for the Mets to sign Cespedes. I expect the target to be reached by noon tomorrow.

LAD loads the bases T9 with 2 outs, Justin Ruggiano hits his first career GS to ruin the shutout, and LAD loses 12-4 one pitch later on a foul pop to Jamie Romak.

If SFG can keep SD from scoring 8 coming up here T9, it will be the first time since 8/21 that SFG gains ground on LAD.

Baltimore had 2 grand slams (part of 3 total home runs) for a total of 10 runs in the 8th against Kansas City.

I'm sure you all can easily guess what happened to Chris Davis in between the Grand Slams.

• Like 1

The Boston Globe ran a story about the small chance that the Red Sox have of making the playoffs.

I mean, it is theoretically possible to make up 8 games in the wildcard but lol at the idea that it would actually happen. 

It's not just the eight games - its the fact that they have three weeks to clear *eight* teams in the AL. Theoretically possible, buuuuuuuuuuuuut...

The Boston Globe ran a story about the small chance that the Red Sox have of making the playoffs.

I mean, it is theoretically possible to make up 8 games in the wildcard but lol at the idea that it would actually happen. 

It's not just the eight games - its the fact that they have three weeks to clear *eight* teams in the AL. Theoretically possible, buuuuuuuuuuuuut...

The best we can get is 3rd in AL East, which would be respectable after the year we had. I have no playoff hopes at this point and I can't imagine a sane Sox fan who does. 

• Like 1

Yankee fans are in full give up mode as the prices on SH plummeted after the game. Actually wasn't planning on going but when I saw a $12 ticket I couldn't resist. $12 for two games, how can you beat that? Only thing is that all my friends in the "baseball is the entire point of our lives" crew are going to Baltimore and Philly today (doing the tweedledee-Tweedledum DH).

Man, are all of the fans of New York teams completely spineless?

I think the Yankee fans are somewhat jaded and feel like they have a God given right to win every year.

Yesterday I wore my Ticats gear and several Jays fans from Hamilton stopped me to ask if I had a score update on their game. One guy was laughing that here he was rooting for one Toronto team and feverishly rooting against another. Also of note is I saw a ton of Expos gear.

But the Yankees are leading the wild card, WTF are they giving up on?

I haven't given up on anything. I'm just sick to my fucking stomach as this team looks like they've given up.

Not surprising that the Yankees are division champions or bust.

David Ortiz just launched #500.

Turned to the Rangers/As game just in time to see Adrian Beltre hit a 3 run homer and try to smile through all the guys touching his head. There is so much murder in that man that he is just trying to keep contained.

Elvis Andrus continues to play with fire.