DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2015 - SEPT/OCT

Dolfan in NYC

Drew Storen is having a mental breakdown right now as the Nats just blew a 7-1 lead with about 6 walks in the last couple innings

So what is the best way to handle a guy who is a complete basket case,  BRING HIM IN THE GAME TIED 2-2 IN THE 8TH.  The results were unfortunately predictable   :angry:

My God, this is actually happening! I'm going to be at my first Mets playoff game since game 5 of the 1988 NLCS. It still hasn't sunk in. We took the Nats best shot tonight and still beat them.

Drew Hutchison has an ERA of 5.33 and a FIP of 4.09. What happens when he isn't one of the luckiest players in the league? He's got the 4th highest BABIP among pitchers this year, while at least the other three ahead of him (Gio, Quintana, and Eovaldi) are prospering from it. 

I mean, with Stroman returning, you'd think it's his spot in the rotation up for grabs even with Buehrle starting to suck again.

Hey AJ Burnett's career isn't over yet.

He is going to start today's game for the Pirates

Yeah, he threw a couple "simulated games" - which, off-topic, I've always wanted to see (not sure if the park is open when guys are doing that, tho) just for the oddity of it - and they say his velocity looked fine and he felt okay. Considering he's retiring anyway, I'm sure his theory is he might as well let it fly over his last 4 starts since he'd get the LDS off anyway (He'd be our 4th starter after Cole-Liriano-Happ) and probably wouldn't pitch more than 2x in the playoffs.

My God, this is actually happening! I'm going to be at my first Mets playoff game since game 5 of the 1988 NLCS. It still hasn't sunk in. We took the Nats best shot tonight and still beat them.

Did you go to all three in Shea in 88? I can laugh about it now since it all worked out ok, but I remember thinking that losing Howell was going to be the end of the Dodgers in that series.

If it turns out the way it stands now, I am really looking forward to an LAD - NYM NLDS. Short series and stud pitching? Yes please!! I'm just hoping that Cespedes gets lost on the way to the yard before every game.

Did you go to all three in Shea in 88? I can laugh about it now since it all worked out ok, but I remember thinking that losing Howell was going to be the end of the Dodgers in that series.

If it turns out the way it stands now, I am really looking forward to an LAD - NYM NLDS. Short series and stud pitching? Yes please!! I'm just hoping that Cespedes gets lost on the way to the yard before every game.

Just games 4 and 5. The game 4 was one of the worst moments ever as me and my dad went down to the left field corner to beat the traffic after the final out. And then fucking Mike Sosscia happened

Brewers refuse to let the Pirates catch the Cardigans. We're the only team they can't beat apparently. We're also 55-60 under our current manager. Once again I hate baseball. *throws brick at Ron Roenicke*

Brewers refuse to let the Pirates catch the Cardigans. We're the only team they can't beat apparently. We're also 55-60 under our current manager. Once again I hate baseball. *throws brick at Ron Roenicke*

Hey, you leave a perfectly capable third base coach and likely next manager of LAD out of this.

I think they meant he's gotten on base safely in 40 games, including walks.

Yeah its his on-base streak

They correct the graphic.

They are clearly already bored since the Yanks are getting blown out